Bottle Rinser

kleclerc77

Does anyone have leads on a bottle rinser that doesn't cost $2,500? The extra cheapo table top ones don't cut it, so we're really looking for something like this that isn't so expensive. For what it is the price seems way off. Thanks in advance.

bottle_rinser.jpg

• Thumbs up 1

1 hour ago, Naked Spirits Distillery said:

We built our own based on a previous thread on the topic. looks like a turd, works like a champ and only cost a couple hundred bucks.  The one copied from the previous thread look a whole lot better than ours! 

bottle washer.jpg

Rinsing with spirits or just water?

Thanks for the input! I saw the Uks Inc. posts but it always sounds like a robot/scam so I'm kinda skeptical there. I'll reach out and see what I can find. Putting one together ourselves may be our best option.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who'd rather outsource tool building so they can focus on their product, we make a ready-to-use automatic recirculating rinser that's in tons of distilleries: The MiniMax.

We just finished work on a four head version, by popular demand. The top and bottom sets of heads operate completely independently—they each rinse on their own timed cycles. This allows the user to get a good rinsing rhythm going for bottling. Two bottles rinse while the others are being taken off and a new set of bottles is put on. Two bottles on, two bottles off, two bottles on…

four-head-minimax-closed-loop-rinser.thumb.jpg.de6f5139a4393cb16e7c911ddd17b195.jpg

• Thumbs up 1

4 hours ago, MichaelAtTCW said:

For those who'd rather outsource tool building so they can focus on their product, we make a ready-to-use automatic recirculating rinser that's in tons of distilleries: The MiniMax.

We just finished work on a four head version, by popular demand. The top and bottom sets of heads operate completely independently—they each rinse on their own timed cycles. This allows the user to get a good rinsing rhythm going for bottling. Two bottles rinse while the others are being taken off and a new set of bottles is put on. Two bottles on, two bottles off, two bottles on…

four-head-minimax-closed-loop-rinser.thumb.jpg.de6f5139a4393cb16e7c911ddd17b195.jpg

How much for the 4 head?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi kleclerc77, these Tardito Brand Rinsing Machines are definitely worth the money - we are an authorized distributor for Tardito. However, ours is only $2,090 (or less for other models) for the 2 air/2 rinse model. We also have rinse-only machines, air-only machines as well as machines that will recirculate your product.  Let me know if you'd like to know more about the model you showed on your post - please visit our website at www.crusystems.com and hopefully we can help you with this.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:11 PM, MichaelAtTCW said:

Just a thought, but in the interest of price, what about a system drawing from the bottling tank (which already has its filters) and returning to the tank?  You'd probably need one more pump unless your tank is small enough for gravity return, but save the keg and filter.  

This would also save priming the keg and cleaning two extra components when you're done (keg & filter).

12 hours ago, Sudzie said:

Possible contamination of your spirits bottling source bank?

That's it. Keep in mind that the crud coming out of your rinsed bottles would be headed back to your product tank. If it's closed loop and recirculating, you'll need a filter somewhere in the mix. Otherwise you're rinsing with dirty liquid (or sending dirty product back to the tank).

If I were to make a lower-cost version of the MiniMax, I would probably leave off the pump and let users connect their own AODD. The pump is the biggest single line-item on the bill of materials, and I'm guessing many distilleries have an AODD they could use. We could also remove the pneumatic timer, and only rinse while the bottles are being held down, but I think long-term that's not as nice for ergonomics and consistency. It would make it quite a bit cheaper, though.

• Thanks 1