This is why putting hand sanitizer in spirit bottles is an idiotic idea

https://gizmodo.com/gin-bottles-containing-hand-sanitizer-sold-to-public-in-1843962760

A gin distillery in Australia has issued a recall after it accidentally shipped gin bottles containing hand sanitizer, according to the Apollo Bay Distillery outside Melbourne. The gin distillery had previously converted some of its facility to hand sanitizer production to help combat the coronavirus pandemic.

“The product is labelled as gin, however it is not gin,” the company said in a statement published to Facebook. “The bottles are not correctly sealed, they can be identified as having no shrink wrap seal.”

When I saw distilleries here in Australia using their regular spirit bottles for sanitiser I thought there would eventually be a mix up. There were no other containers available and I guess if you use your regular bottles it is a bit of self promotion but just not worth it when it goes wrong.

Just a heads up to anyone making sanitiser be aware that the shortage won't last long. Here in Tasmania there is now a glut of it now the big boys have caught up and there is also cheap imported product as well. 

(Today is the first day without any new Covid infections transmitted in Australia and the 27th day on our island of Tasmania)