DSP site question prior to permit filing

Finalizing some of the plans for my small distillery. After reading much information, I know that I should not include my tasting room and retail space as part of the DSP. Those areas will be separated from the DSP via floor to ceiling wall with man door. The question I have is that my restroom space is only accessible from the tasting room, so when I show my layout for the DSP, there will be no restroom. Do I need to modify my plan so that the restroom is accessible from both areas?

22 minutes ago, Pour Decisions said:

Do I need to modify my plan so that the restroom is accessible from both areas?

Unlikely, we are in the same boat.  You have to walk through a warehouse that is not part of the DSP to get to a restroom.

@Pour Decisions

Diagram of the DSP

The diagram of the premises must:   

• Indicate the dimensions of the premises in feet and inches
  • Identify which areas are bonded
  • Show where all doors are located
  • Indicate which direction is “north”
  • If applicable, identify any areas used as general premises
  • If applicable, show where cased goods will be stored on bonded premises
  • If applicable, show where the tasting room and/or retail store will be located

23 hours ago, Pour Decisions said:

Thanks @Thatch  Does this mean when I submit my layout I would only attach like the second image here and not even include the non DSP area? Yes, very crude, but thats my skill! 

1.png

1.png

Yes, do not include the non-DSP areas at all.

6 hours ago, 38° said:

Yes, do not include the non-DSP areas at all.

Respectfully disagree.  What I posted above is cut and pasted directly from the TTB website.

If applicable, show where the tasting room and/or retail store will be located

10 hours ago, TripleOaks said:

Is a tasting room Required?  NO

17 hours ago, Thatch said:

Respectfully disagree.  What I posted above is cut and pasted directly from the TTB website.

We just went through the process and received our DSP, our experience was different than your advice - the agent called and told us "tasting rooms are not allowed in a DSP, please remove it from the drawing and only submit the DSP premises." So, pull info from the website all you want, I am just sharing what our actual, real life experience was.

It's not the first time our experience was different than someone's theoretical expert opinion. 

@Pour Decisions

@38° is correct, any tasting room CANNOT be within the DSP.   You cannot sell or having tastings within the bonded area.  Does it happen, sure. I would call the TTB to ask if they want the tasting room and and General Premises on the diagram you submit.

The information I provided is from the permits online tutorial  https://www.ttb.gov/ponl/ponl-tutorial-part-1-dsp-page-2  You can either use the TTB website as your guide or the experience of what took place with @38°

•