Trident Mash Cooler

The total cooling length is about 20 feet.

The chilled water enters the outer jacket through the bottom port that sits vertically in the image and exits on the top port opposite and also vertical.  The Hot mash enters the top end port (2" Triclover) and exits on the bottom end port (2" Triclover)  and goes back to your mash tank.  The end ports connect through a stainless pipe that runs down the center of the larger 2 1/2" outer pipe (tube inside tube).  Chilled water runs between the outer surface of the inside pipe and the inner surface of the exterior pipe.  Chilled water and hot mash run in opposite directions.  Hope this helps.

IMG_0032.jpg

so the inner pipe is 2 incehs and the outer pipe is 2.5 inches? So only .25 inches cooling all around the inner pipe? does not seem enough. may i ask why you are selling and what you are moving to for cooling?

I think the inner tubing is 1 1/2" so we have about 1/2" of cooling flow around the inner tube.

I am selling my chiller and use 52 degree well water and agitation to cool the jacketed mash tank.  This is working well for us and eliminates my chiller costs. It does take a little longer but it works into our day's schedule.

• 1 month later...