Recent Stills

Made in Maine

Hello all,

I just wanted to post some pics of the two recently delivered stills to licensed DSP's. I will not name them, its for them to comment or not. We are very proud of these and look forward to building more for others and greatly thank our patrons. I would be glad to answer any questions or talk about some details of their design.

post-706-128535184351_thumb.jpg

Hello all,

I just wanted to post some pics of the two recently delivered stills to licensed DSP's. I will not name them, its for them to comment or not. We are very proud of these and look forward to building more for others and greatly thank our patrons. I would be glad to answer any questions or talk about some details of their design.

Very nice work. that is a great looking still. How/where is the heating element mounted? What is the tank looking thing in the photo? What's the asking price?

Thanks for sharing your work.

Brad.

wow! thanks for the many comments. too kind. The tank in the second picture that I'm leaning on is the vacuum equipped collection tank. It has two compartments for heads and hearts/tails. I will attach a picture of better detail.

thanks again,

post-706-128535707737_thumb.jpg

Very nice work. that is a great looking still. How/where is the heating element mounted? What is the tank looking thing in the photo? What's the asking price?

Thanks for sharing your work.

Brad.

Brad,

thank you. the heating elements are located about 3" up from the bottom of the tanks and are mounted through 3" ferrules so they can be easily removed without disconnecting them from the power source. This was done for cleaning and inspection. Its custom and complicated to build but its wicked easy to use. (trained monkeys) AKA-me. The tank is a vacuum collection tank. it has compartments that you manually choose with your cuts and has drains about 20" off the floor. It glides on the casters that are also lockable for parking. These stills are unique to the customers requests. This doesnt make them outrageously priced, quite the opposite. Not free though, nothing is. After the builds, we find small, insignificant things that we would change. Some customers will want more or less. The copper topped pot still will sell for around 32K. the one with the column and dephlegmator and Gin basket-about 42K. Its much more complicated to build. More materials too.

Brad,

thank you. the heating elements are located about 3" up from the bottom of the tanks and are mounted through 3" ferrules so they can be easily removed without disconnecting them from the power source. This was done for cleaning and inspection. Its custom and complicated to build but its wicked easy to use. (trained monkeys) AKA-me. The tank is a vacuum collection tank. it has compartments that you manually choose with your cuts and has drains about 20" off the floor. It glides on the casters that are also lockable for parking. These stills are unique to the customers requests. This doesnt make them outrageously priced, quite the opposite. Not free though, nothing is. After the builds, we find small, insignificant things that we would change. Some customers will want more or less. The copper topped pot still will sell for around 32K. the one with the column and dephlegmator and Gin basket-about 42K. Its much more complicated to build. More materials too.

I was wondering what kind of turn around time you guys have

The turn around time right now is 4-8 weeks. That is from time of purchase, until it arrives on your dock. We do our very best to keep these times. Thats why its 4-8, instead of 4-6. found out compost happens,lol. We are currently building some lab stills and will post pictures when they are done. They are not spoken for yet. talking small, like 5 and 10 gallon. We are also helping a start up brewery with some of thier tanks. Acquisitions, cleaning and pressure testing. We may build a couple small ones for them as well. Just paying the rent... :-)

Oh, plus we are finally building OUR elcetric still, its gonna be 150 gallons now...it grew a little.

Hi Jesse,

I'm writing from southern Chile in SouthAmerica. Me and some friends that are in the wine industry would like to start a small vodka production in the Patagonia. Here is kind of hard to find the right equipment, so I will need some help to get started. I can imagine that the cost/capacity/quality of the equipment can vary as other things, but I have the impression that what you have may help us to start our adventure.

I would really appreciate to some general information about costs, capacity and general details of your stills.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,

Potato Vodka