NGS from Rye

Hey Brad.

Call me a grammar Nazi, but this is a pet peeve of mine: the correct term is GNS, Grain Neutral Spirits. Neutral Spirits is the class, grain is the commodity subset of that class.

As far as I know, literally all bulk GNS available is made from corn because it's dirt cheap and in plentiful supply. Since you're making a grain vodka already, why not just make your own?

Does anyone know a supplier of Neutral Grain Spirits made from rye.

Thank you,

Brad Irwin

Oregon Spirit Distillers

brad@oregonspiritdistillers.com

Never seen a rye quote. Try Chip at Ultrapure. I've seen organic wheat, sugar, corn and a grain combination mash (milo, corn & barley I think) GNS quoted.

Hey Brad.

Call me a grammar Nazi, but this is a pet peeve of mine: the correct term is GNS, Grain Neutral Spirits. Neutral Spirits is the class, grain is the commodity subset of that class.

As far as I know, literally all bulk GNS available is made from corn because it's dirt cheap and in plentiful supply. Since you're making a grain vodka already, why not just make your own?

You are a grammar Nazi. I typed GNS twice when posting knowing you might correct me also knowing many would be confused. I will make all further references correct despite popular opinion.

Brad

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know a supplier of Neutral Grain Spirits made from rye.

Thank you,

Brad Irwin

Oregon Spirit Distillers

brad@oregonspiritdistillers.com

We have the capacity and capability to make spirits from what ever grain you want, but how much do you need ?

Lake Distilling LLC, King Ferry, NY 13081 315.730.6309