Yeast

Uncle Rob

Try www.lallemand.com They produce Lalvin EC-1118 and Lalvin-C

So you want to buy yeast and resell it? Why would a legitimate distillery want to buy from you when they could just go to the same source?

In fairness to Uncle Rob, that's how distribution works. You might be able to go to the same source, but if he is buying for 100 distillers then he can get a much lower price, take a cut AND provide you a better price and/or service relevant specifically to what you are doing.

In fairness to Uncle Rob, that's how distribution works. You might be able to go to the same source, but if he is buying for 100 distillers then he can get a much lower price, take a cut AND provide you a better price and/or service relevant specifically to what you are doing.

I think Uncle Rob is going to be very surprised to see that the mark-up on the yeast he wants to re-sale is not going to be worth while, I know some distributors that they are selling it more as a convenience to their customers than a profit. But, if you think you can make a buck, you got my blessing.

Size sometimes count!

We have in excess of 1000 home distillers that buys from us. They don't want to buy 10kg of yeast at a time (i.e. the smallest that Lalvin-C comes in.) They also do not want to buy 25kg or even 2.5kg yeast nutrients (i.e. Fermaid-K) Re-hydration aids (such as Go-Ferm) is also required in less than the 25kg packages. Most home distillers prefer their yeast in 100g (and sometimes even less)packets and even better when they buy the yeast and nutrients already mixed for them. We re-package the Lavin-C into packets of 100g each and it sells like hot cakes. Also the pre-mixed yeast and nutrient packs of 100g are doing not too bad. HOWEVER, I guess it might become troublesome to make a strong business case for small distilleries that do not mind buying 25kg or 10kg yeast at a time.

What's good for the home distiller (an illegal hobby in the US, btw) isn't necessarily what's good for a professional. And professionals don't need 100g packets of yeast.

There's plenty of existing businesses selling yeast. Going to be a tough business seems to me.

But I don't know nothin'. I'm just an old cranky woman. rolleyes.gif