Franchise States.

Charlie

Not sure what you mean by a franchise state? coop

Some states have franchise laws that govern agreements between wholesalers and suppliers. That means that alcoholic beverages suppliers who want to sell their products in the state must establish either exclusive or non-exclusive franchise relationships with in-state distributors. You could possibly be stuck in a contract with a distributor which isnt living up to his side of the deal for a while. I am not a lawyer. However, these laws concern me when considering distributing in states with such laws.

Some states have franchise laws that govern agreements between wholesalers and suppliers. That means that alcoholic beverages suppliers who want to sell their products in the state must establish either exclusive or non-exclusive franchise relationships with in-state distributors. You could possibly be stuck in a contract with a distributor which isnt living up to his side of the deal for a while. I am not a lawyer. However, these laws concern me when considering distributing in states with such laws.

Hey Charlie,

Hope all is going well at SAS. I've been following you guys for a little while now. It is nice to see your product appearing in some stores. I hope to try it soon. As far as franchise laws are concerned about half of the states have some type of franchise structure. The easiest way to find out which states have these laws is to use the WSWA's website. They have a nifty state by state function. Just choose all states and then scroll down to XIII. Franschise. It will populate the states that have franchise laws and also allow you to review the specific state laws. The link is; http://sld.gbdev1.com/home.php.

I'd love to talk with you guys about your experience so far. Shoot me an email if you have any additional questions. treym9004@gmail.com.

I tried the link also. It seems to assign a general link when searching. I'm not a techie, so I can't explain it any better.

However, go to http://www.wswa.org/home.php, click on "State by State" at the top, click on "All States" at right. Then you have a drop down menu where you can find what appears to be all applicable laws. Scroll down to "XII. Franchise Laws and Wholesale Registration Requirements".

Lots of other fun stuff there like info about The "CARE" Bill (HR 1161). Unfortunately, you need to be a member to read it (I am not).

Todd

Hey Charlie,

Hope all is going well at SAS. I've been following you guys for a little while now. It is nice to see your product appearing in some stores. I hope to try it soon. As far as franchise laws are concerned about half of the states have some type of franchise structure. The easiest way to find out which states have these laws is to use the WSWA's website. They have a nifty state by state function. Just choose all states and then scroll down to XIII. Franschise. It will populate the states that have franchise laws and also allow you to review the specific state laws. The link is; http://sld.gbdev1.com/home.php.

I'd love to talk with you guys about your experience so far. Shoot me an email if you have any additional questions. treym9004@gmail.com.

KMHerring 3,

Thanks for the response. That is exactly what I was looking for. I will shoot you an email.