500L Artisan Still

ViolentBlue

where did they put these in and what are they making?

any reason they are using SS body instead of copper?

stainless boiler instead of copper for reasons of cost and durability. copper is needed in the vapor path more so than the boiler.

I'm not sure of the intended end use of this still, but I believe they are using it for distilling thick mashed grain spirits.

I'm a little confused by your incomplete responses. You say this 2000 liter still "shares many parts" with yours but you don't know who owns it or where it's located? Which parts in particular and who manufactures these parts?

If the burner isn't included, what else isn't included?

You say "all parts have been proven" but are not supplying enough information for someone to verify that claim.

I'm a little confused by your incomplete responses. You say this 2000 liter still "shares many parts" with yours but you don't know who owns it or where it's located? Which parts in particular and who manufactures these parts?

If the burner isn't included, what else isn't included?

You say "all parts have been proven" but are not supplying enough information for someone to verify that claim.

we're working with a factory that builds stills to order from plans supplied to it. our column and boilers are making use of as much stock pieces as possible to reduce cost. the column design has been used successfully in a number of configurations, and we've modified our original designs to make use of pieces readily available. Factory is located in China and their products are shipped all over the world. If you'd like to visit china we can probably arrange a tour of the factory or probably a distillery running one of these stills.

as stated in my original post, it was designed for wood heat, but could be fitted with gas or another heat source.

the unit will come with all you see in the drawing, as well as a clean in place system as well as a pair of thermostatically controlled valves to regulate dephlegmator temperature.

<correction>, I see that I did not mention wood heat in my original post, I discussed it with a number of people interested but I did not post it in this thread. My apologies and I can understand the confusion.

I guess I should clarify my position with ACW. I'm not a sales man, I design most of their stuff, larger stills I design in parallel with the factory that will produce them. I receive no money for doing this, its something I do because I'm passionate about it. The designs I penciled up were for myself originally, working towards the equipment for my own distillery. I'm in process of setting up a Micro distillery in Alberta Canada, the biggest hurdle ahead is getting licencing laws changed so I can. My background is in Mechanical design, so understanding how stills work comes easily to me, and this is a fun distraction until I'm able to get licensed.

In the mean time, I can help other people out getting equipment for less money, but just as pretty as the big boys and that helps me out towards getting my own equipment built eventually.

ACW is more of a co-operative effort of a number of people at the moment, working for no money to get it up and going because we are passionate about micro distilleries and hand crafted spirits. Thus my co-operative approach to design, I''d help anyone design their equipment who asked, even if they wanted to build it themself, or source their own manufacturer.

• 2 years later...