How Many

coop

We now have 142 registered members and I was just wondering does any one know how many of us actual members, cook our mash, distill our products, bottle and are selling product? We are one of them, Coop

I don't know the answer to your question, but it would be a nice perk to dues-paid ADI members to be flagged as such on the board, and it would be a decent reminder to support the organization.

I don't know the answer to your question, but it would be a nice perk to dues-paid ADI members to be flagged as such on the board, and it would be a decent reminder to support the organization.

I agree that having an ADI member designation is a good idea.

I am a recent ADI member although I am just gathering info right now for possibly starting a micro-distillery in the next few years.

An idea....should parts of this site and other ADI info be reserved for those who are actual ADI members who have paid the dues?

This would help gather more money to further the formation of the ADI and help support regulatory change.

There is a lot of information and knowledge here, I think there needs to be just enough to peak interest but not give the all the information you all have gathered over your years of experience for free. Someone could join for free and use a lot of the resources here to start up a micro distil. and never had paid a dime.

The "producing products" section seems like a section that would only apply to those really serious about implementation and at that level, they should be supporting the ADI.

I'm sure there is a way to make some sections of this site public and other private.

If you give everything away for free, you might get a few like me who will support with dues, but most probably won't.

just my .02 cents from a noob.

Greg

Go over to probrewer.com and use their search function... it's a valuable tool amongst those in the industry. Some are big brewers, some are homebrewers with dreams, but everyone is welcome membership or not. If you close down these discussions to members only, how do you entice others to join ADI? With more people on board to discuss suppliers, techniques, and other forms of business and ideas you can find a relative guideline to what others are doing. Nobody is going to come on these boards, or others like it, and magically start a distillery. It's just not that easy. If it were this would be a Starbucks forum. Heck, it might even scare some away that thought this would be something really cool to do but didn't realize the scale of things to come; thus saving them the time and money in the first place.

Our distillery would fall into the category that was brought up by Coop concerning mashing, distilling, and bottling FWIW.... although we will not start production until next month.....

We now have 142 registered members and I was just wondering does any one know how many of us actual members, cook our mash, distill our products, bottle and are selling product? We are one of them, Coop

We won't be squeezing our own cane juice but we'll do everything else starting with the fermentation. Should have my license in about a month. Production about a month after that.

Fat Dog Spirits in Tampa. I make vodka from Florida Wildflower honey (no cooking needed) but ferment and distill. Also do Valencia Orange and Key Lime using the real fruit under the brand Touch. Also am in the market with Artemisia Absinthe.

Been at it about 4 years .....