New Texas Distillery

Hello ADI community. I am in the process of getting my permits and ordering the equipment. It has already been a long road and I am excited to start producing my own product. I would like to hire an experienced distiller, perferably experience with whiskey. If you know anyone, please have them contact me.

Darren Lincoln

DL Lincoln Distillery

Spring, Texas

dllincoln@hotmail.com

Hello ADI community. I am in the process of getting my permits and ordering the equipment. It has already been a long road and I am excited to start producing my own product. I would like to hire an experienced distiller, perferably experience with whiskey. If you know anyone, please have them contact me.

Darren Lincoln

DL Lincoln Distillery

Spring, Texas

dllincoln@hotmail.com

Trust me its going to be hard to find this person. Give me a call (number in the signature) I may be able to help.

There's plenty of whiskey distillers in Texas. Being able to afford one will be the problem. You might have to hire someone away from their own project. If you hire someone and "teach" them how to distill, you will save lots of money in the beginning, but you will eventually lose that person to an organization who will pay him properly. And that's assuming you have the knowledge to teach.

There's lots of thought going into opening (whiskey) distilleries in Texas these days, still not much forethought given to the people who will actually be running these facilities and producing the products and how they will be compensated in the first few years of a new distillery while it's only loosing money and requiring lots of time... Good luck!

To elaborate on what BeerPilgrim said, you kind of need your distiller to be a partner in the business, and find a way to give that person a long-term incentive to be in the business. Easier said than done, of course.

This business is definitely more enjoyable as a team sport.