New Forums added

grehorst

I can see mine, if a customize the period of search. I can't access Jon Forester's post at all. Something is very fishy about the default settings on the forum, me thinks. Guy, any progress on debugging this? Any reason why some forums work while not others?

I'm having trouble accessing the new forums.

Hi, Guy. I detailed the problem with the Gin forum in two posts above and in a message to you or another adminstrator. Jon Forester also describes the same problem. I tried signing out and signing in, and found my password went "bad", so I updated the password, signed in again, and the problem remains exactly the same. For fun, I am going to post in another forum that is blank to see if anything different happens.

PS: posted a new topic again in the Gin forum, and started a couple new topics in Specialties. See if they survive going forward...

Same problems here -- only with the Gin forum it seems. To restate the problems:

When I click on the name of the forum (Gin), no topics show up and I get this message: "No topics were found. This is either because there are no topics in this forum, or the topics are older than the current age cut-off. " Whatever this current age cutoff is, it can't be more than a day!

When I click on the most recent topic in the Gin forum, I get the same message as ViolentBlue: "[#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic."

I get the message "[#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic." if I click the topic link directly for the gin section

That's what I also get.

Now I get:

No topics were found. This is either because there are no topics in this forum, or the topics are older than the current age cut-off.

Hmmm. I can see my two most recent topics, but not the older ones that Jon and I did. I wonder if it somehow has to do also with the state of the account of the person observing. Someone else should try posting into the gin forum, and let us know you did so here.