Howdy from the Great State of Washington

Howdy to all from another newbie. Been doing a ton of research on fuel ethanol and only now stumbled across this forum. I'm very pleased for the simple reason that you guys seem to have your act together. I guess actually being in business, trying to make a profit does that to ya. I'll be lurking around trying to pick up vital information and will post later with success or failure reports.

Location: NE Washington state, 60 miles from the nearest stoplight.

If you haven't sent off your application for home fuel ethanol production yet, and were thinking about it, you may want to bite the bullet and fill it out. It can take a while for the permit to get processed.

Howdy to all from another newbie. Been doing a ton of research on fuel ethanol and only now stumbled across this forum. I'm very pleased for the simple reason that you guys seem to have your act together. I guess actually being in business, trying to make a profit does that to ya. I'll be lurking around trying to pick up vital information and will post later with success or failure reports.

Location: NE Washington state, 60 miles from the nearest stoplight.

Welcome fellow Washingtonian! He's correct, get your application in. Don't even think about distilling without it. Your wait is guaranteed to be within 45 days. You can find the application at this address:

http://www.ttb.gov/forms/f511074.pdf

Where in Washington are you going to be producing, and might you be interested in making beverage alcohol?

All the best,

Rusty

We're north of Davenport, south of Kettle Falls at a wide spot in the road better known as the Hunters/Fruitland area. As for the TTB form it's in the system. Curious though, I heard through the David Blume blog that TTB was overwhelmed with applications and were sending out preliminary approvals post haste....that is for fuel production.

" might you be interested in making beverage alcohol?".....sure, but not for personal consumption nor until we get the bugs ironed out of this fuel operation. No need to worry about a new competitor. We're just a couple of shade tree types afraid that we haven't seen the worst of the fuel *crisis*. But come to think of it, maybe it'd be easier to drink the stuff and just forget the post-peak oil doom and gloom.

I see you're in Ellensburg. Any chance for a tour someday as I'm passing through on my way back and forth to Seattle?

Welcome fellow Washingtonian! He's correct, get your application in. Don't even think about distilling without it. Your wait is guaranteed to be within 45 days. You can find the application at this address:

http://www.ttb.gov/forms/f511074.pdf

Where in Washington are you going to be producing, and might you be interested in making beverage alcohol?

All the best,

Rusty

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Liberty Bar - Seattle

As I wrote in another thread here in this forum, there are a number of Washington distilleries either in the planning stages or getting licensed. In fact, there's now a distiller's guild here in Washington, so I would encourage and welcome you to go over and say hello.

Welcome aboard.

www.washingtondistillersguild.org

Hello as well from a Washingtonian. I have just started my interest in starting a distillery and am just scratching the surface for research. It's seems the best way is to meet with someone who has been through it and discuss. This forum will certainly help.

We're north of Davenport, south of Kettle Falls at a wide spot in the road better known as the Hunters/Fruitland area. As for the TTB form it's in the system. Curious though, I heard through the David Blume blog that TTB was overwhelmed with applications and were sending out preliminary approvals post haste....that is for fuel production.

" might you be interested in making beverage alcohol?".....sure, but not for personal consumption nor until we get the bugs ironed out of this fuel operation. No need to worry about a new competitor. We're just a couple of shade tree types afraid that we haven't seen the worst of the fuel *crisis*. But come to think of it, maybe it'd be easier to drink the stuff and just forget the post-peak oil doom and gloom.

I see you're in Ellensburg. Any chance for a tour someday as I'm passing through on my way back and forth to Seattle?

But of course! The DSP has been received and it's the state permit that I'm waiting on now. Just call or write!