Do not order from A&J Whiskey Barrels

ny_spirits

I just wanted to warn others not to deal with this company. I found A and J Whiskey Barrels in the distillers resource guide, and ordered a couple of barrels back in May. I never received the barrels (although I have paid for them), and despite several requests have still not been refunded by money. I have tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but my patience has been worn too thin - now I can only think that they are dishonest. If you need barrels, I suggest you look elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

We had the same problem here, lucky for us we used a CC and they took over and removed the amounts from our account and refunded our money. They are not a reliable company and I think ADI should send out a notice in their letters to us all. Coop

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I am still trying to get my money back, and have reported them to the better business bureau, the internet crime complaint center, and paypal. Unfortunately, I paypal gives you only 45 days to report a problem with a seller and A&J strung me along for a couple of months. ADI should certainly remove this company from the resource list.

Bill Owens said he removed them from the list as soon as these complaints were registered here. Currently they are on the PDF of the 2008 ADI Distillers Resource Guide and the PDF that is posted on the ADI site. They will not be in the 2009 ADI Guide or on the ADI site once that guide has been published next month.

Update: I am still trying to get my money back, and have reported them to the better business bureau, the internet crime complaint center, and paypal. Unfortunately, I paypal gives you only 45 days to report a problem with a seller and A&J strung me along for a couple of months. ADI should certainly remove this company from the resource list.