Whiskyal

Scottish Distiller Availabe

Hi Everyone

Just how much interest would be out there for a scottish distiller with over 20 years experience in Grain & Malt plants and all the engineering / process problems they produce daily?

Plant sizes range from 4 Million L/a malt and up to 30 million L/a grain..........

I think the question is, how would you feel about taking your skills to people producing 75,000L and less? As someone working on a start up to produce 10,000L I wish I could pay enough.

Hi

i started in a very small malt plant with pot stills...we then installed a small grain plant which had lots of problems with design and new innovative ideas which needed modifications over many years.......it was designed to produce 7 million i got 12 million then expanded it to 20 million L/A/year. Large or small they all use the same processes the only things that change are volumes, labour and $$$$

hi Al,

Perhaps you can elaborate on the kind of opportunity you are looking for. For example, are you looking for consulting gigs, regular employment, or a partnership type of opportunity?

Also, from your LinkedIn page, it appears you are currently in the UK. As I'm sure you're aware, most of the members on this site are in the USA. Have you already obtained the appropriate work visa for working here? That alone is significant obstacle.

What's your motivation? A lack of work in the UK? Or more a desire to move to the USA? Or something else?

Hi Jedd

i would consider anything... consulting, contract or full employment / partnership

Motivation.....i can help a lot of new distillers as the industry is relatively new in the states. Scotland has seven Grain Stills all the Jobs are for life unless you leave one like me.....thats another story though.

American Distiller........clue in the website name mybe? lol

I had a week with Dave Smith of Lake Distilling last month and liked the American way of life!

is a lovely idea Whiskyal, but unless you've got a green card.... don't think you'll be able to do much work in the US. have you checked out visas ?

While I may have overlapped with Jedd... I am pretty certain that unless you have the right to work in the US that it will be pretty much impossible for you to secure any consultancy/contract or employment in the US.

That said... WhiskyAl, you are in a very, very strong position to set up a UK/European whisky consultancy that can deal with mico-distillery start-ups.

You know how big micro brewing is!? Well... I am pretty confident that UK/Europe is heading down that route with regard to distilling, particularly as at least 2 distilleries in the past couple of years have had their under-sized stills approved by the govt.

good luck.

Al,

I would be interested in talking to you further. We are working on a distillery as well as possibly our own malt house in NC & VA.

Al,

I am a Scot, living in the amazing renaissance city that is New Orleans - I would be interested to talk to you, if you are still interested.

Email me at gordon@bootlegspirit.com.

We are about to launch a new concept distillery with scale.

Gordon