Wood's High Mountain Distillery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wanted to welcome all the distillers and those thinking about distilling to Colorado! It has been great to meet so many of you and show you around the shop. I'm looking forward to having a dram with the rest of you over the next few days!

Hi P.T. I've not posted before but I'm setting up in central NM along the Rio Grande this year. Will be driving back next Sunday from the 3 day hands-on training at Breckenridge and wondered if you might be open then for a visit? I've been following your threads online and like what I see. I'll be at the conference starting later today and hope to at least meet there.

Best,

Greg

Hi Greg ... I'd like to get together and meet @ the conference if you get a chance... I am opening Left Turn Distilling in Albuquerque ... I just learned of your quest from Sean @Santa Fe spirits on Saturday ...I'll try and bump into you sometime in the next day or so....

Thanxxx...Brian

Wow what a week in Denver!

IMG_20130401_173528.jpg

We are really excited to have won a silver medal for our Barrel Rested Gin!

IMG_20130402_192142.jpg

I hope you all got out to the Colorado Distillers Guild event Dstill. It was pretty awesome to get to pour in the same room as so many brilliant Distillers from around the country. This sign out side the event pretty much sums it up!

IMG_20130403_131504.jpg

Great to see everyone!

• 1 month later...

I am really excited to be in the spring Microshiner Magazine! I just bottled a bit of whiskey it is our first expression that will be available out side of the tasting room! A good few weeks here in Colorado hope ya'll are living large and enjoying spring!

IMG_20130518_165609.jpg

Sidewalk entertainment!

IMG_20130517_172333.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We released our first whiskey outside of the tasting room this week!

In good company!

IMG_20130613_205601.jpg

Our first off premise bottle of whiskey!

IMG950986.jpg

and my first glass of my whiskey at a restaurant! (paired with crab guacamole, steak and horseradish and mac &cheese, sooo good!)

IMAG1275.jpg

Sounds like a great idea. We are label printers in NC and if you need labels, please contact us! We do great work. We know TTB language also and we have designers. Good luck to you!

Carol Phillips

Wright Labels

Thomasville, NC

800-678-9019 ext. 3214

• 3 weeks later...

If you find yourself in Salida this weekend for the Colorado Brewers Rendezvous be sure to stop by the Amicas tent and try out the Gin Basket Wit made with our spent gin botanicals and aged in one of our Rested Gin Barrels!

Cheers,

P.T.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

It has been a super busy summer so far, the tasting room has been amazing and the wholesale business continues to grow exponentially! We hope you are also crushing it!

I finally had to buy some barrel racks!

IMG_20140715_152818.jpg

Pearl our new distillery dog helping me harvest whiskey!

IMG_1395.jpg

We sponsored the Brewers Rendezvous, because really beer is almost whiskey!

IMG_20140712_130244.jpg

Yes Salida can be a bit weird in the summer...

IMG_20140628_182025.jpg

Hope you are finding time to enjoy the fruits of your labor and reflect on how awesome it is to be a distiller!

IMG_20140626_162927.jpg

• 1 month later...

Howdy,

I am sitting here getting the tasting room ready for the http://www.usaprocyclingchallenge.com/ which will be doing 2 laps less than a block from the distillery!

_1060458a.jpg

I just filled our first 53 gallon barrel as we start a long slow transition from 25's!

IMG_20140814_114446.jpg

Events keep stacking up, some good, some bad. I'm still trying to figure that out, anyone got a winning formula? We did Jazz Fest In Telluride which was awesome and got us a bunch of new accounts!

IMG_20140801_155639.jpg

Today our friend Butch broke out his drone and got a few unique photos of the distillery while he charged his Tesla!

DJI00147.jpg

Hope summer is treating you well and your whiskey is flowing!

• 4 weeks later...

How about a little Monday photo diversion...

I was lucky enough to get out on the river some over the last month,

Pearl checking out...

_1110051.jpg

The Bald Eagle that picked this fish out of the river right next to us!

_1110185a.jpg

I went to Paonia and picked some fresh organic cascade hops a few weeks ago for a couple of fun projects that I am working on!

IMG_20140901_112413.jpg

OSHA approved?

IMG_20140831_194426.jpg

We finally got to the point where self distribution was to much so this month we officially have a Colorado Distributor!

woodsdistillery09052014-2.jpg

Enjoy the end of summer!

Cheers,

P.T.

• Thumbs up 1