Road Trip to east coast distilleries, where to go?

mendodistilling

I'm looking for some tips on places to see while I'm on the east coast, I'm willing to drive all over to see some nice setups for start up level and professional up to Makers Mark level. I'd like to see some setups of what people consider a successful start up or craft smaller sized distillers. I don't have the money for a million dollar venture so I wanted to kind of see what the little guys were doing to get product out there.

I'm interested in Corsair, Makers Mark, caledonia, boubon trail distillleries and tennessee distilleries, would love to get some tips on Nyc / brooklyn area distilleries, etc. I'm going from Texas up to Ohio, then to canada, so anything is fair game north of the carolinas up to canada. If its worth seeing, I'd like to :)

It may or may not be worthwhile, but your welcome to visit my distillery.

Idea- February 2012

Funding- $55,000 May 2012

Constructed building, outfitted to a working, producing distillery.

DSP-Permit- September 2012

Va ABC distilling License- November 2012

Definitely, i'm open for anyone who will have me, I'm trying to get as many ideas as possible for neccessary equipment, good/bad experiences, etc. So I can hit the ground running rather than trip up. Please send me your info via message so I can save it. Thanks. Anyone else who wants to send me an invite, I would appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

You're welcome to come out to the tip of Cape Cod and check out our new operation. We started making Rum in July 2013. Nothing on the shelf, but barrel samples and spiced rum bench trials are available. South Hollow Spirits in North Truro MA. Let me know if you make it this far east.

• 2 weeks later...