Bottle Sources

AKBIGK

We have found different bottle manufacturers that will include graphics in the overall price. One in Shanghai that wants a 50000 bottle minimum with a "Heated Label" that attaches permenently to the bottle and won't warp or smear during bottling, at 1.23 a bottle. That's a hard number to swallow with the minimum bottle number, for investors. We found another for 14,400 bottles, with the attached "heated" label at 3.86 per bottle, and that is in the US. Both of these include shipping to Alaska. Does anyone have a good source for bottles that could include graphics, in the 5000 bottle range for a startup business? I would appreciate any help!

Kyle

Bare Distillery

We have found different bottle manufacturers that will include graphics in the overall price. One in Shanghai that wants a 50000 bottle minimum with a "Heated Label" that attaches permenently to the bottle and won't warp or smear during bottling, at 1.23 a bottle. That's a hard number to swallow with the minimum bottle number, for investors. We found another for 14,400 bottles, with the attached "heated" label at 3.86 per bottle, and that is in the US. Both of these include shipping to Alaska. Does anyone have a good source for bottles that could include graphics, in the 5000 bottle range for a startup business? I would appreciate any help!

Kyle

Bare Distillery

Where is Bare Distillery?

I will put you in the directory. Do you have a DSP?

Bill Owens /American Distilling Institute

bill@distilling.com

Bottles are a pain... I've been sourcing wine & spirit bottles for many years and it never gets easier. My favorite spirit bottles are Saver (French) and Bruni (Italian). They get pricier every year and the suppliers don't really like to deal with anything smaller than a full container. Chinese bottles are promising but I've found quality control to be an issue. Although printed (silkscreened) bottles are tempting, for a small producer I'd recommend buying stock flint bottles from someone like Richards Packaging or Demptos and doing a really great paper label (laminated). These can be clear to imitate silkscreen. Don't get me started on corks... Cheers, Ken

Kyle

Bare Distillery

I don't know what kind of liquor you're producing, but if you're interested in making agave spirits, we can help with sourcing bottles and closures as well. We use top quality 750ml bottles with a 4-color Applied Ceramic Label for about $2.50 each, for a 90 case pallet (1,080 bottles). The synthetic corks are about 15 cents each and don't shed cork debris like natural wood corks.

We have a Master Distillers Agreement where Temequila Organics grants exclusive rights to Master Distillers to market, produce, and sell agave spirits in certain geographic regions. Use our federally approved formula and be up and making money quickly. Temequila Organics also acts as Distiller's agent for purchasing the raw materials at the best possible prices.

Although our primary interest is agave spirits, becoming a Temequila Master Distiller will decrease your distillery costs across the board because we buy items like glass bottles in volume. It will also increase the products you have to offer customers and get you into new markets. We were the first to do it in the USA, and you can be the first to produce 100% agave spirits in your state by becoming a Temequila Master Distiller.

American Tequila Initiaitve

Bill,

It's good to hear from you. Your name is everywhere in the distilling world, and the information on this forum is extremely valuable.

My lawyer told me it would be ok to start using our name, since we have the rights to it, and I hope I didn't cross any lines. But I will explain what stage we are in.

We have a distiller from Bardenay, in Boise,Idaho...that lives in Anchorage now, and will be helping us set up and run our plant.

The three owners (me being one) are in the process of going to Dry Fly for a week of schooling this next month. We have investors lined up, excited

for us to make ground, and our business plan is starting to wrap up. We have a site, and have been setting up a transition into Midnight Sun Brewing Company's old brewery as they have graduated to a larger facility. No DSP as of yet. We plan on producing potato vodka to start, and move into gin, and whiskey later.

I would love any help in this process, and appreciate this forum greatly. Thank you so much.

Kyle Ryan

• 7 months later...

Bottles are a pain... I've been sourcing wine & spirit bottles for many years and it never gets easier. My favorite spirit bottles are Saver (French) and Bruni (Italian). They get pricier every year and the suppliers don't really like to deal with anything smaller than a full container. Chinese bottles are promising but I've found quality control to be an issue. Although printed (silkscreened) bottles are tempting, for a small producer I'd recommend buying stock flint bottles from someone like Richards Packaging or Demptos and doing a really great paper label (laminated). These can be clear to imitate silkscreen. Don't get me started on corks... Cheers, Ken

It means I am not doing my job well. United doesn't require full loads, we keep on stock, have great prices have a new glass line which compares to the Saver quality. And: 3 printers in our area able to do small and large runs in ceramic. Also a labeler that can do minimum runs. We do bartops and pry off closures.