Looking for Barrels and IBC totes

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a good local supplier for a few items. We will be located in Lacey, Washington.

1. Looking for 3-9 55-gallon or larger French Oak used white wine barrels. These barrels will be used for making a barrel aged line of absinthes. Cannot use barrels used for red wine.

2. Looking for 5 5-gallon or smaller French Oak used white wine barrels. These barrels will be used for research and development. Cannot use barrels used for red wine.

3. Looking for 2 275-gallon food grade IBC totes at a reasonable price.

We are looking to place these orders within the next couple months.

Sam,

IBC's should be easy to source in your area. Go ask at a medium sized winery or beverage company...I can think of a couple not too far from Oly. Typically they take their deliveries of agave syrup, invert, vitamins, whatever in those. I'd send you some, but shipping would be ridiculous.

There's a company in Tacoma that refurbishes them, and those go for about $200.

For barrels, I'd poke my head down to the Columbia River...lots of good whites are grown there, and a WA side winery might want to get a little publicity from you. And you from them. I fervently hope you are going to do something with salal berries. I have always wanted to do a salal liqueur...I've done salal sorbet that was amazing.

What is the name of the company in Tacoma?

I am looking into making a Salal berry liqueur further down the road, but I've got 21 different flavors to push out the door already. I could always attempt to make a small batch for research and development though. so check back in 8-10 months and we'll see if we can start a small batch. I don't really know the flavor of Salal that well so I might want a flavor consultant. I would also need a source of USDA certified salal berries.

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a good local supplier for a few items. We will be located in Lacey, Washington.

1. Looking for 3-9 55-gallon or larger French Oak used white wine barrels. These barrels will be used for making a barrel aged line of absinthes. Cannot use barrels used for red wine.

2. Looking for 5 5-gallon or smaller French Oak used white wine barrels. These barrels will be used for research and development. Cannot use barrels used for red wine.

3. Looking for 2 275-gallon food grade IBC totes at a reasonable price.

We are looking to place these orders within the next couple months.

. We have totes for you in sumner WA . We have two left almost brand new for 50 bucks each. 253 -318 -3534 is my cell

Thank you Bioviper,

I will give you a call soon and we can work something out. At this point we probably won't be buying them yet since we don't currently have the space to store them and our distillery is still under construction. What were the totes used for? were they food grade to start out with?

I'm afraid that I have no use for the whiskey barrels at the moment. If you had a little 5 gallon one I might take to do R and D with but we're currently only looking for used white wine barrels, of which I already have two suppliers who have messaged me on here.

Thank you Bioviper,

I will give you a call soon and we can work something out. At this point we probably won't be buying them yet since we don't currently have the space to store them and our distillery is still under construction. What were the totes used for? were they food grade to start out with?

I'm afraid that I have no use for the whiskey barrels at the moment. If you had a little 5 gallon one I might take to do R and D with but we're currently only looking for used white wine barrels, of which I already have two suppliers who have messaged me on here.

yes food grade poly eth. we kept a batch of unaged whisky in them. if you want both of them for a hundred bucks ive got to get them out of here within the week . for the price you should store them in your garages

We'll store them in our garage for now but I was curious if you could send me some pictures of them just so I'm sure they're what we are looking for and there is no confusion before we rent a truck and drive out to sumner to get them. You can mail the pics to salishseaorganicliqueurs@gmail.com or text them to me at 360-701-4085. I will also be giving you a call on monday to set up a time next week to pick them up.

Thank you everyone,

I have found a source for IBC totes (Thanks Bioviper) and larger barrels, however I am still looking for a source of small 5 gallon used White wine barrels! Please let me know if you have a source.

• 3 years later...