Source for once used bourbon barrels?

I've had best results with locals I met in Kentucky. One of my best sources is a brewery in the Louisville area, and contacting the big distilleries directly has also yielded good results, but you have to be willing to purchase in 25+ quantities. Prices drop drastically once you agree to take full truckloads.

As of right now, all used bourbon barrels are spoken for. There are none to be had for new distillers.

A gloomy post, but I respectfully disagree. I don't seem to have any trouble finding fresh dumped bourbon barrels...priced a little higher than I'm used to, but the market quickens!

As of right now, all used bourbon barrels are spoken for. There are none to be had for new distillers.

I disagree also.

Once used bourbon barrels are readily available.

New barrels are tough to source if you are not already an active customer with the cooperage.

Although Black Swan appears to be taking new customers, their prices are really high.

I have had good luck with Kelvin Cooperage, as well as River Drive Lumber. They are a 3rd party that will ship fresh dump bourbon (and rye) barrels from MGP. They will drop ship you barrels for $125 each no additional shipping, minimum of 4. The ones I got were SUPER fresh. Barrels are out there you just got to do the dirty work!

BTW River Drive Lumber does cool stuff with used barrels themselves... they do bourbon barrel flooring, and tables! Check out their website (and no I am not affiliated with them, nor am I a paid endorser- but if they want to pay me I would be happy to take their money!) http://www.riverdrivelumber.com/