Fire at Twister Distillery in OK

Lenny

The folly is that you fail to realize that my only statement was that I was using a piece of equipment that you left at the distillery. I didn't say you were an idiot. There are photos and receipts to show that in fact this equipment was at the distillery when I arrived.

Jeff, are you saying that I made a still out of an old beer keg and valves and copper tubing? Really? I had three stills made when I was there. Two Arlon continuos stills and one that my own father made. We did purchase a mile high for test batches to which I left there. Not wanting to "sling mud", just setting the record straight. if in fact you were using the mile high still, it in no way was manufactured or shipped in the fashion that you were using it. Milehigh does not ship small stills with copper tubes in rubber bungs leading to a beer keg. This was a horrible accident and as so should be a learning experience of what not to do. Please take responsibility for your own actions and stop trying to pass this off on other people.

We had a flash fire which I take responsibility for. I was in the hospital for 21 days, I take responsibility and bear the scars for that. We rebuilt the distillery with a new internally heated pot still and I take responsibility for that. We won a Gold Medal in New York City and have a 5 star rating from www.VodkaBuzz.com/vodkas/success-vodka/ and I take responsibility for that. Here's to hoping all your products do well and your days are filled with sunshine.... jt

how about owning registering my products IP addresses? I sincerely hope that if anyone new to distilling is reading this can learn from this tragedy. People almost died and a lot of property was damaged from this accident. If anyone would like to discus this further with me please feel free to call me anytime. 405-326-5466

I have studied the fire code on distilling front and back due to this incident and would gladly help in anyway I could

Cheers

Garrett Janko , (now Scissortail Distillery, moved two doors down and attempted to bankrupt Twister) You are saying that mass produced small stainless "still" you bought and operated was "my design"?. As you know well, that was the only "still" you had and operated. YOU bought it. It was there when I arrived. You used a propane burner to "make" your "gin" using this "still", remember? You were still doing it when I got there. I took pictures. As a matter of fact this is the only "still" that was ever used at Twister Distillery before I installed an actual working internally heated still that has been inspected with a boiler that has been also inspected. Where is the "still" that you have now that is operational? I have not seen any permits or inspections for stills or boilers at your "distillery" or any other location in Moore, Ok. Don't bother posting pics of that crazy 100 gallon contraption you welded together either. I sold your propane burner for that and thank god you never fired that thing up.

The fact you did not reserve your own website addresses before naming your brand and you point that out to people and blame your competition for your loss is absurd. Please use spell check in order to make your sentences readable. The fact you post under "twister vodka" instead of revealing your own name is also questionable. The fact you go around making statements in the manner you have been does more damage to you than it does to us. Move forward and make progress, mud slinging looks you look like an idiot.

Please keep private arguments private. This is not the forum for mud slinging.

Best wishes to everyone and Drink Success Vodka! #drinksuccess

BTW, this whole thing is a fabric of lies and personal insults. Having Dave Vander Griend built stills is nothing to be ashamed of. I'm sure Jeff you have never heard of him or his work. You've never seen my permits? Okay, I've never seen yours either. Also if you would like to insult the still that me and my father built please take down the photo on your Facebook page of your product sitting on it! Didn't have a problem with it then when you were claiming it was yours! I'm done! Have a great day with your "copper lined" stills that you "filter" your vodka through. Again, I'm done. See ya soon neighbor.

Okay, I also take responsibility for being smart enough to look up Garrett's "products" on Godaddy and reserving the .coms as Garrett did not do so himself before announcing his new "products". Anyone who cares to purchase the names can do so.

Smart enough to know anyone can register a competitors brand domains; not smart enough to know its illegal?

https://ilt.eff.org/index.php/Trademark:_Domain_Names

As long as you don't use a .com in a negative manner or make disparaging comments about the brand you can own it. It is legal for anyone to purchase any name they choose that is available in the U.S.. My .coms are for my own personal use.

The Anti-Cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA), enacted in 1999 and codified at 15 U.S.C. § 1125(d), creates a civil action against cybersquatters, where the cybersquatter had a bad faith intent to profit from the registration of a domain name, and the domain name is either a trademark or identical or confusingly similar to a famous or distinctive mark.

I have no intent to sell or profit from any .com I own.

I do not own any .com that could be confused with a famous or distinctive mark.

Best wishes and look us up on www.successvodka.com

Not the case at all. The courts have ruled that limiting the ability for a trademark company (common or federal) to advertise is illegal. The only execution is if the domain was registered before the company had any claim. I actually think I will use this thread to further my case!

http://blog.dnattorney.com/2013/04/no-you-cant-register-competitors-name.html?m=1

What you will find is the domain was registered before you filed for your Trademark. As a matter of fact a quick check of the USPTO shows that you never have filed a trademark at all. Heck, I may just file a trademark for that, sounds like a name I could use.... Case closed.

I can't tell if this thread has become epic or super lame. Just step outside your respective distilleries, throw punches, wipe your wounds and drinks some damn whiskey.

• Thumbs up 1