Square - mixed reviews

I read some very positive reviews regarding square and its integration into QuickBooks on this forum. However, when I read reviews online regarding the square/quickbooks integration, I read some very negative reviews. Many users said that square only sent quickbooks very basic sales numbers and a lot of figures had to be input by hand. Has anyone had any disappointments with the integration of the two programs? Any other recommended POS systems?

Thank you!

We found the integration program totally useless !!! .. The data dumped into quickbooks did not represent anything real.... We still use Square as our POS but we just download the data and hand input into quickbooks.

I use QuickBooks and Square and have not yet figured out how to take advantage of the integration. Thus far it seems to have just made things more complicated and I will probably be deleting all the records/transactions that have been imported direct from Square and go back to how I have been doing it. QuickBook integration with my ADP payroll seems to be easier to manage.

• 2 weeks later...

My accountant has recommended Intuits "GoPayment" swipe service which integrates with QuickBooks. His wife uses it for her business and he's pleased with it. It collects all transactions and then you can download from their web site and it automatically places the transactions and fees where the belong in Quckbooks. At the end of the year they also send what they call a "K" form itemizing all transactions you had over the year.