Bottle Wasing before beginning

Rattlesnakedistillers

I rinse the bottles with the spirit I am bottling.

run a small amount into the bottle and swirl it around then tip into another container.

When run is finished I tip rinsings back into tank so it can settle before doing the next bottling.

When i get time I am going to build an air flushing attachment instead of rinsing. I suspect it won't be quite as thorough but it should be quicker

Don't rinse bottles with water just before filling. There will be enough water left in the bottle to reduce the proof well below regulation limit.

Air, water, and spirit works great. But we have this bottle that is custom blown for us and its not every bottle but a decent percentage will form this white film on the inside once the spirit is in the bottle for awhile. Cannot figure out what It is, asked the supplier and he said its possible coating from a gas they use to blow the bottles.

Anybody ever have this problem??

Air, water, and spirit works great. But we have this bottle that is custom blown for us and its not every bottle but a decent percentage will form this white film on the inside once the spirit is in the bottle for awhile. Cannot figure out what It is, asked the supplier and he said its possible coating from a gas they use to blow the bottles.

Anybody ever have this problem??

I'm guessing you have narrowed it down to the bottles themselves (ie. film is random throughout different batches)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...