Bottle filler that works - redux

ny_spirits

I know this has been discussed before, but I wanted to bring it up again - I hope no one minds. We are using the XPressfill 6-head filler, which as most of you know is terribly inaccurate. As a recall, some folks on these forums have had better luck with the Enolmaster, and I also was looking at a filler from Prospero (they advertise in the Distillers Directory). I wanted to check back in to see if anyone has any further comments on these, or any other, bottle fillers. We are desperate to get something affordable, accurate, easy to maintain and easy to use. We also need to be able to adjust fill for different bottles (375ml, 500ml and 750ml), and perhaps someday do 50ml bottles.

Thanks very much!

We use the Enolmaster from St. Pats. Very good unit, and you can adjust the fill level for different size and shape bottles. You have to monitor your fill levels and kind of get a "feel" as it fills. With an adaptor, it can fill 50ml bottles.

Based on recommendations here (thanks esp. to Marc and to Kent and Don from Dry Fly), we ordered the Enolmaster from St. Pats. Can't wait to see how it works!

Marc, just wondering - do you use the filter attachment with the Enolmaster?

Thanks again to all. This forum is a wonderful resource.

Yes, we use the filter attachment. We are very happy with how it works.

We use the Enol.

I've found with our botanical infused spirits, like spiced rum, that 0.2 micron is the way to go for a crystal clear spirit. 0.5 micron is still a bit hazy, though it's what we use because there's a difference in flavor each step down in filter size.

I'm not completely happy with the Enol because it likes to squirt in a little extra spirit during bottle removal, though it does better than the XPress we have.

-Andrew

I know this has been discussed before, but I wanted to bring it up again - I hope no one minds. We are using the XPressfill 6-head filler, which as most of you know is terribly inaccurate.

Sarah - I suggest you call the new owners, Randy and Judes Kingsbury, to discuss your situation to see if there is anything they can do to help you resolve the calibration issues you have been experiencing with your Xpressfill system. I've heard since taking over the company they are committed to delivery a greater level of service to their customers and even though you purchased from the former owner perhaps it's worth a shot to see what they might do for you that you may reclaim your investment in the Xpressfill system. The contact info posted on their website shows their number to be (805) 541 - 0100 and email as info@xpressfill.com

Hello! I am writing to inform everyone in the Distilling Industry about the NEW OWNERSHIP of Vigneron / XpressFill bottle filling machines. Many of you have older Vigneron fillers collecting dust (or worse) in your businesses. We would like you to know we have completely redesigned the machines, and offer upgrades to bring your older machines up to date with the new digital controls and completely new engineering. The new machines, now named XpressFill, have supreme accuracy (within 1.5 ml, calibrated at the factory) and amazing user-friendliness. Please write or call us for more information. Here is a little background information:

Vigneron / XpressFill has NEW owners who have spent the past 2 years completely revamping the machine and the company. Randy Kingsbury is a Professional Mechanical Design Engineer with over 25 years experience, and Judes Kingsbury has 20 years of Restaurant,Winery and Customer Service / Management experience. Since the time of purchase, Randy completely redesigned the machine and the two put in place outstanding customer service. The company has upgraded numerous older Vigneron fillers to the current technology, have sold many brand new XpressFill bottle fillers to artisan producers, and now boast a myriad of happy customers around the world. The machine's new design is extremely user-friendly, comes with a digital timer and performs with outstanding precision - within 1.5 ml accuracy, calibrated at the factory. All XpressFill bottle filling machines come with a satisfaction-guaranteed warranty. You can view a demo of their new systems at XpressFill.com, and reach them directly at (805) 541 - 0100 or info@Xpressfill.Com, Judy@XpressFill.com, Randy@XpressFill.com <mailto:info@xpressfill.com>

Update on the XPressfill - we had a very nice email from the current owners of the company explaining that they purchased the company a couple of years ago and completely redesigned the filler to work accurately.

We are going to try out the new version and will certainly post our experience here, which I assume will be as positive as that of other users of the redesigned filler. In the meantime, I wanted to post this update to clarify that the model we had been using was NOT made by the current owners and is likely NOT representative of the current product line.