2nd production location under Federal Basic Permit

My understanding is that depends in part on relative distances of the facilities. Distilleries can operate in multiple buildings under one permit, provided the buildings are linked by a thoroughfare that is either entirely owned by the distillery or is full public access. In that case it would be an amendment, I think. But I would strongly urge you to chat with a TTB officer in field or HQ for specific guidance for your specific location.

We received a non-contiguous location addition on our current DSP this past fall. It is within 10 miles and in the same town. It's more of a amendment to our DSP, and we needed to increase our bond to handle our expanded production and storage at the additional location. Approval took about 3 months or so.

We also have a non-contiguous 2nd location. We have 12 miles between facilities, and it was approved without a problem. However when we also asked for a non-contiguous winery, we were denied because 10 miles is the limit for viniculture designation ( even though we are not in a designated area).