Laser/Rotary Engraving vs Screen Printing vs sublimation

Telluride

Looking at doing something to my bottles besides sticker styled labels and originally had thought about getting them screen printed. When I got my quote to screen print the bottles it was expensive enough to look into doing it all in house. Semi automated would be preferred, but before I go the printing route I figured I should look into other options and was wondering if anyone has gone the engraving route. Engraving would surely take more time than screen printing, and on a scale of thousands of bottles would be the problem I foresee. Any info about sublimation? Does anyone else screen print their own bottles? What machine are you using?

I can't imagine it would be cheaper to print in-house unless you have the volume and expertise to make it worthwhile. While we found labels to be a bit less expensive and more suited to our logo, our quotes on screen printed glass seemed reasonable. Check out the folks at http://www.monvera.com/

Dye sublimation is a heat transfer style of printing, theyve been able to do it on glass no problem, the one thing they can't do however is print white, we used sublimation printing at a ski manufacturer i worked at, i wasnt sure if anyone had tried using it, which is why i asked

• 3 weeks later...

I may be able to help. Give me a call or PM me. I'll need more info like bottle shape, designs/colors, quantity....

Tom 502.297.3048

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has gone with engraved bottles? I think with the right logo and layout it could be very sharp and would certainly differentiate itself. I'm only just getting into the distillery world but I do have glass (rocks, shot etc.) experience.

If anyone is interested in pursuing this method I would be more than happy to be involved (consult or help with the production).

• 6 years later...

Since I just bought my digital camera, I'm looking to print up my own photos. A friend suggested to me Sony's dye sublimation printers. Any suggestions or should I go with the regular printer line.

He told me the dye sublimation printers do not need inkjets.

On 2/4/2022 at 2:38 AM, niyoc382 said:

Since I just bought my digital camera, I'm looking to print up my own photos. A friend suggested to me Sony's dye sublimation printers. Any suggestions or should I go with the regular printer line.

He told me the dye sublimation printers do not need inkjets.

Since I just bought my fax machine, I'm looking to fax my own documents and photos of my ass.  A friend suggested to me that no one wants to receive a fax and haven't I heard of email and why the hell do I keep talking about my ass.  Any suggestions or should I get a new friend.

• 3 months later...
On 2/5/2022 at 10:15 PM, daveflintstone said:

Since I just bought my fax machine, I'm looking to fax my own documents and photos of my ass.  A friend suggested to me that no one wants to receive a fax and haven't I heard of email and why the hell do I keep talking about my ass.  Any suggestions or should I get a new friend.

don't understand. is this a suggestion or something else best a3 sublimation printer

Been a screen printer for 40 years. Even I do not print my own labels. Label company can do it cheaper than I ever will. I would advise you not to try screen printing in house if you have never been a screen printer.  Been thinking about a laser myself for leather labels for our higher end products and other items for the tasting room and my sign business customers. Lasering a bottle requires an additional accessory to roll the bottle under the laser. 

cameo.jpg

shirt printer.jpg