learning curve

daveflintstone

What was your learning curve before you could produce your final product? I've read much discussion about the length of time to plan, begin operations, become profitable, etc., but not much about how long it took to actually learn to use your distilling equipment. We're not supposed to start distilling until the permits are received, which is quite the bummer for the uninitiated.

So how about it--how long did it take you to make your fantastic finished spirit (vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, etc. etc.), what was it, and what equipment were you using?

Dear Dave,

Distilling is a craft as well as an art.

There are distillers out there who have been distilling for years and can't get the product right.

If you have someone developing the product with you, that's a good start. My grandfather has been a distiller for over 40 years and I work closely with other people in the KOTHE Network to get the products right. For example, we are happy that our Ginger Liqueur just won Best Spirit at the All Things Organic trade fair. It's still quite a challenge every time we try something new.

Regarding the still operation, I'd say a couple weeks of training as a crash course should get you to the level where you can start running your still. Then you can start testing and figuring out what works and doesn't.

All Kothe quotes include 3 weeks of training (1 x in Chicago, 1 x in Germany, 1 x on premise) and product development support.

All the best,

Robert

--------------------------------------------------------

Kothe Distilling Technologies Inc.

5121 N. Ravenswood Ave

Chicago, IL 60640

http://www.kothe-distilling.com

info@kothe-distilling.com

(773) 295 4454

we are happy that our Ginger Liqueur just won Best Spirit at the All Things Organic trade fair.

Congratulations on that, Robert! It is a very tasty liqueur!