Hypothetical Labeling Question

Pistol Pete

Hi all - Great forum...

Does anybody know how the TTB handles odd formulations of spirits that don't fit neatly into pre-existing categories? For instance what if someone wanted to mix vodka and rum (or whiskey) together and sell it? How would the TTB handle something like that?

Not saying I wanted to, but hypothetically I am wondering. Thanks.

Hi all - Great forum...

Does anybody know how the TTB handles odd formulations of spirits that don't fit neatly into pre-existing categories? For instance what if someone wanted to mix vodka and rum (or whiskey) together and sell it? How would the TTB handle something like that?

Not saying I wanted to, but hypothetically I am wondering. Thanks.

Bevlaw.com is a great resource once you move forward with your labeling project. Robert Lehrman (sp?) can assist you in getting almost any formula approved. He is the party responsible for getting the TTB to approve the first absinthe in the US. We have used him for all of our label approvals. He is both efficient, quick, and inexpensive.

Don

Bevlaw.com is a great resource once you move forward with your labeling project. Robert Lehrman (sp?) can assist you in getting almost any formula approved. He is the party responsible for getting the TTB to approve the first absinthe in the US. We have used him for all of our label approvals. He is both efficient, quick, and inexpensive.

Don

If it doesn't fall under a specific category you can go with a fanciful name. The fanciful name is submitted on your formula approval. I had to submit a few different fanciful names, but now have a category of my own.