New DSP for Northern CA

Hello from Jewell Distillery,

We just yesterday received our DSP. We are very excited and proud to have made it through all the hurtles. Now the work begins. To all of you who have been generous with your time and information, it has been crucial to the development of our vision-THANK YOU. The distillery and tasting room will open fall of 2015

Website Coming Soon

We are located in Blue Lake, Humboldt County. Just about 80 miles south of Oregon. Many of your post have been relevant to my process. Thank you.

Michael

We are located in Blue Lake, Humboldt County. Just about 80 miles south of Oregon. Many of your post have been relevant to my process. Thank you.

Michael

Beautiful area! My wife and I got engaged on Mattole Beach, just west of Petrolia if I remember right.

Roberto, thank you I will do that...

Skaalveen, The mouth of the Matole is one of the most remote places on the entire coast of CA. VERY few people have ever been there. Congratulations on finding it.

Mike, I will definitely do that. Thank You. I have little doubt it will become an issue sooner than later.

Michael

Skaalveen, The mouth of the Matole is one of the most remote places on the entire coast of CA. VERY few people have ever been there. Congratulations on finding it.

All I had were GPS coordinates from someone who told me "you have to go there and camp on the beach". Finally got there around 11:30PM, set up a $30 tent we got from wal-mart and cracked open a bottle of wine and a bag of cheetoes before I popped the question under the stars (kind of romantic?). Waking up and seeing the scenery for the first time was one of the best experiences of my life and we can't wait to go back.

• 3 weeks later...

All I had were GPS coordinates from someone who told me "you have to go there and camp on the beach". Finally got there around 11:30PM, set up a $30 tent we got from wal-mart and cracked open a bottle of wine and a bag of cheetoes before I popped the question under the stars (kind of romantic?). Waking up and seeing the scenery for the first time was one of the best experiences of my life and we can't wait to go back.

Not to hijack the thread, but the whole lost coast hike along the King Range is amazing. Hard to believe you're in the most populous state in the union walking all alone on the beach for HOURS. I missed out on seeing the Lost Coast brewery when I was there and now that there's a distillery opening nearby I'll have to make point of going back.

Roberto, there maybe some Juniper just north of us but it's not prolific and not sure of the species. I will be investigating more closely in the future.

Griffin, Don't let anybody know about our little slice of paradise and it will be the same when you get back to do it again. :-))

When you do come back, definitely look me up. We have a whole lot of Brewery's and now' Distilleries in the area. Mad River Brewery is just a block from us.

Scalawag,

Welcome and congratulations on getting your DSP. As you have probably read, we have started the California Artisanal Distillers Guild and have recently grown to over 50 members. We are all volunteer, and have been working since day 1 on getting a better working environment for all. In 2012 we started with AB 933 which passed and went into effect in 2013... the right to have paid tastings in your tasting room. In 2015 we have been working on AB 1295 which will get us direct to consumer sales... among some other major advancements. Love to talk about you joining us.

If we can help, let us know. We will be at the SF Spirits Carnival next weekend (Aug 15 & 16) with over 30 members pouring. Good luck...

Hello,

Yes, I was a bystander during your meeting last year at the Carnival, It was very informative and I will definitely become a member. Regrettably I won't be able to make the carnival this year. Thank you for all your hard work and efforts to move California out of the dark ages.