still sizing

Jeff

I am considering adding a DSP to our winery. I was thinking of using a smaller kettle for the still with a removable still head. What I was wondering is if I did the DSP paperwork with the smaller boiler could I get away with adding a larger boiler in the future without doing additional paperwork? I would use the same output capacity still head.

Jeff

Jeff-

You would have to amend your layout and equipment list with TTB when you upgrade the still. You have to notify TTB whenever you change/remove/add equipment directly involved in the production of spirits.

Lisa

I am considering adding a DSP to our winery. I was thinking of using a smaller kettle for the still with a removable still head. What I was wondering is if I did the DSP paperwork with the smaller boiler could I get away with adding a larger boiler in the future without doing additional paperwork? I would use the same output capacity still head.

Jeff

What type/make of still are you talking about?

Jeff