TTB Telephone interview?

Mudpuppy

For me, it lasted about 20 minutes. They basically went over the questions on the app, asked about production, how many proof gallons expected to be warehoused or in transit... can't recall anything else though I'm sure there were other things. Don't be nervous, it shouldn't be hard.

My opinion, give 'em a break. They have been only helpful for us. They are, as are we all, understaffed, undrepaid and overworked. (I hope they monitor this.)

Seriously, isn't a 1 or 2 hour phone interview less intrusive to you then being called in for a "Face to Face"?

As we know it is as much how you interview as well as the answers themselves.

Good luck.

Bob

The interview mainly goes over all of the information you supplied on your application paperwork. It would be very useful to have your application in front of you while you are on the phone to ensure your answers match up with what the TTB agent is expecting. You can also notify them of any small changes that may have occurred since your original filing. Most questions will be verifying your capacity, location, etc. For us there were a lot of questions similar to: "Are you aware you must keep records in accordance with CFR part 19.XXX?" Yes and No answers will cover most of the questions that aren't directly about the specifics of you planned operation.

• 1 month later...

What is the average time between when the TTB receives a DSP application and when you can expect them to contact you for an interview? I am currently awaiting to here from the TTB on my application.

Thanks,

Jeff

It was a month ago. But I just got notice today that my bond had an error so it will take a little longer before I get an interview since I have to send the bond back to the surety for their intials. Dumb mistake on my part and the surety didn't catch it either.

Jeff