Filling, labeling and sealing product questions

Korn Likker

I'm pondering the use of the Xpress fill system for filling, the Bottle-Matic for labeling and Wax for sealing. However I've read of calibration issues with the Xpress fill and removal problems with the wax. I'm aware that the Xpress fill has made advancements with their product but I've not seen much about it since. As far as the bottle-matic, I'm just plain old curious.

If there are any of you with info regarding these products please let me know.

I'm pondering the use of the Xpress fill system for filling, the Bottle-Matic for labeling and Wax for sealing. However I've read of calibration issues with the Xpress fill and removal problems with the wax. I'm aware that the Xpress fill has made advancements with their product but I've not seen much about it since. As far as the bottle-matic, I'm just plain old curious.

If there are any of you with info regarding these products please let me know.

I have an older 4 bottle filler model. It is only a year old and is one of the Xpress fill. Not accurate at all. There was talk of new owners and greater quality. But after spending $2000.00 plus I have some real doubts. Before I could recommend it at all I would want them to send me one along with how much to upgrade mine. I would put it to the test myself before spending anything to fix the old one. And would want to be completely satisfied before payment would become due. I trusted them, now they need to trust us. Coop

Korn,

The are already some threads on this site on the subject you are asking about.

Perhaps that may be why you did not get a lot of response, other than Coop. (Hey Coop. How are ya?) Have you used the search application?

My opinion on the labeler, if you are not large, why increase the moving parts?

We chose a manual, Race JR., labeler. When I error it is for the cost of one label.

Each of us will have different headaches, I mean comments, with different products.

Good Luck

Bob

Korn,

The are already some threads on this site on the subject you are asking about.

Perhaps that may be why you did not get a lot of response, other than Coop. (Hey Coop. How are ya?) Have you used the search application?

My opinion on the labeler, if you are not large, why increase the moving parts?

We chose a manual, Race JR., labeler. When I error it is for the cost of one label.

Each of us will have different headaches, I mean comments, with different products.

Good Luck

Bob

We are fine out here, winter is coming on. We do all our labeling by hand. We also only loose 1 label at a time. If it is mechanical it will break down. Labeling 50 a min means when it screws up you loose hundreds of labels unless you a are right their. Coop

Thanks for the help!! I've looked in the old threads but I also hoped that maybe some good updates about the Xpress might fall if the tree were shaken. I've received one good e-mail about them and their 3rd generation machine, but one good comment cannot out weight the all the bad. Coop,it may however be something that they may use to rectify your bad experience with them. I wouldn't do it unless they ate the cost. With the bad press on here I hoped they might try harder to pull the name out of the mud. This does put me back on the search for a good bottler. Any recommendations?? After a while they begin to sound the same....

Labeling sounds like it can be simplified. I looked at the Race Jr. and was impressed. I liked your thoughts about that Bob, less moving parts, breakdown and room for error or label loss. I admire your hand labeling Coop but I have a few too many thumbs to freehand it. I'll keep it simple with a manual machine.

Thanks again for your input.

The journey continues.....

Cheers,

Brandon

"Korn Likker"