Hello from Illinois

Hey everyone,

I'm James from Southwestern Illinois, near St. Louis. I've been a brewer for years, and getting ready to dabble in distilling. I'm mainly interested in Whiskey (& Whisky), but also gin.

I look forward to learning much as I can as I peruse these forums!

Cheers

Hey JimJam! Welcome! Glad to see a fellow Illinoisan. We are in Columbia, Illinois...just about 20 minutes outside of St. Louis so we can't be far from you. Feel free to swing by sometime!! I always love talking about booze!

Adam

Owner & Distiller

Stumpy's Spirits

Columbia, Illinois

Thanks for the invite, Adam!

I'm the brewer & owner at The Old Bakery Beer Company up in Alton. My schedule's pretty hectic, but I'd love to come check out your setup sometime! What days are you normally running the still?

Anytime. Feel free to come down when you have a minute. I pretty much live here so feel free to give me a shout when you have a couple of hours open up (as if that really happens, right?!). Our number is 618-281-7733.

Schedules are a bit up in the air right now because we are running with only 1 still until we get our new system installed in June. I usually have a stripping run going a couple days per week and a spirit run every other week or so....just depends what we are making!

If you get near Chicago, visit us at Quincy Street Distillery. Also, when you are far enough along and are getting your state craft distillers permit, please consider joining the Illinois Craft Distillers Association.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James, 

When you're ready to take your Gin to the market be sure to contact us. We'd be happy to take it into our app. For more info on adding your brands to the ginto app visit: www.gintoapp.com/faq/ 

Cheers!