Wayward

What ever happened to iStill?

For American buyers the now available rent-to-own, here's some indicative pricing of monthly costs:

- iStill 500 NextGen: from USD 602

- iStill 2000 NextGen: from USD 963

- iStill 5000 NextGen: from USD 1,396

Thats for 5 year. Helps variabilise costs.

Regards, Odin.

Hi there,

New distilling workshops now open for registration! iStill just released new classes in the Netherlands, Australia and the USA. For North American customers, please know we'll visit Colorado as well as Wisconsin. For more info, please see:

Regards, Odin.

52eighty-capt-2.jpg

Here's Rene's lab set-up with the iStill Mini:

Regards, Odin.

IMG_9050.jpg

A good morning to y'all!

We are starting another one of our 4-day workshops in a little over an hour here in Amsterdam. A total of 13 participants from - literally - all over the globe.

Today, the students will be trained in my Holy Trinity of Distillation model that helps them make correct cuts and decide on correct taste profiles for their drinks. After that they'll all make brandy on the iStill Mini and practice both distilling and the noble art of cuts making. After that it will be my turn to talk about still design and what column, design, etc. helps you make what drink. After that, at the end of the day, we'll visit the Gouda cheese museum for some off-topic education and fun. After that its dinner & dutch gin tastings. And that is just the first day!

I'll inform you on the second day tomorrow.

Regards, Odin.

• reaction_title_1 1

Here are  a few pictures from today's class. Students are making brandy on their iStills Mini. Very exciting stuff, especially the cuts for heads, hearts and tails and their effects on total taste profile.

Regards, Odin.

0c10bd85-c912-4da4-a962-d2f615cd17ea.jpg

329654df-6663-4265-8e46-b12712cacd8a.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

Day 2 of the 4-day workshop! We started the day with a single malt whisky run on the iStill 500. The iStill 500 was also used to mash and ferment in. Why pump stuff around if it can be prevented, right? After that we dived into fermentation and how to influence flavor profiles during that all-important part of the spirits production process. Yeast pitching protocols where next, and after that it was gin time! After the theory it's now time for the students to actually make their own. Four groups, four gin recipes, the runs are going on as we speak (its 15h30 over here), and we'll choose a winner on the last day. That's Thursday. Here are some pics. More info on the third day of the workshop? I'll update you guys tomorrow.

Regards, Odin.

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

Day 3 of the 4-day workshop on distilling has started! Gin making yesterday was great fun. Today, the students will finish a single malt whisky. Before that they'll make extracts, essences and a liqueur using the iStill Extractor. In between, we are cleaning out the i2000 after a run we did creating a gin for Chinese customers. And we are starting up a new batch of whisky. Milling, mashing then fermenting ...

Regards, Odin.

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

We are starting up contract distilling iStill Style all over the world. Just finished a batch of 4,000 bottles of gin for Hong Kong .... in Amsterdam! For more info, if you are interested in contract distilling, please see: https://istillblog.com/2018/11/29/istill-contract-distilling/

Regards, Odin.

IMG_2445.jpg

Final assembly on another iStill 2000 we'll be shipping to Colorado ...

Regards & enjoy your weekend!

Odin.

IMG_2447.jpg

Hi there!

Behold, the next generation iStill Masher! it comes in 5,000 liter (1,300 gallon) and 2,000 liter (550 gallon) capacity. Fully automated and controlled for cost efficient and fully controlled mashing.

https://istillblog.com/2018/12/03/innovation-mashing-made-easy/

Regards, Odin.

Perspective-1.png

IMG_2191.jpg

And here is our new and revolutionary line of fermenters. In sizes of 2000 and 5000 liters (1300 and 550 gallon), they give you total control over alcohol and ester production:

https://istillblog.com/2018/12/07/innovation-fermenting-made-easy/

Regards, Odin.

IMG_2458.jpg

Here's a blog post explaining more in depth why our stills are build from stainless steel instead of copper and how our catalysts help control sulfurs if that is an issue:

https://istillblog.com/2018/12/10/copper-column-math/

Regards, Odin.

I am proud of our stills (and mashers and fermenters), but I am also tremendously proud of the iStill University, where we educate over 200 distillers per year, giving workshops in Europe, the US, India and Australia. Our students rate our workshops with a 9.7!

Here is some of the feedback we got:

Regards, Odin.

iStill_logo_grijs.png

• reaction_title_1 1

Hi there!

If you are interested in spirits design and product development, please know we are introducing our next iteration of the iStill Mini, our 1.5 gallon product development still. Here's a link and a picture:

Regards, Odin.

IMG_2441.jpg

I wish you all a great Christmas and an amazing and spiritual 2019! May you reap the benefits of your efforts. May your stills always run at maximum capacity. May you outsell what you produce. And I hope you'll have fun in the process, while doing it.

Regards, Odin & iStill Team.

IMG_2521.jpg