ADI Forums
Wayward

What ever happened to iStill?

Very cool, but I think it should be made clear such automations are to make operations easy for a distiller, and not to promote unattended operation of a still.  As an industry, we should have zero tolerance for unattended still operation, as no amount of automation or SCADA can replace a watchful eye, and no technology is failsafe.

• reaction_title_1 1

Another side to this.  YES to easier operations for distiller and I agree to the concept of unattended still operation, but here's another angle.

1  Desperately important to make the same product 100% the same next time.  

2  The ability to tweak the still performance for improved operation.   

And most importantly of all, the process can be left to an underling of less capability. +1 million % important.  It becomes a tool of production.

Having our cider plant Kegging and bottling totally automated, has resulted in serious quality improvement.  This too will shortly apply to our fully automated distilling plant which is also on the LM concept..

We are helping Croatia's first craft gin distillery opening up! The iStill has arrived at the Luftbremzer Distillery ...

WhatsApp Image 2018-01-09 at 16.52.44.jpeg

And tomorrow will be an interesting day in the distillery! We are going to mash 2000 liters of tulip bulbs for the Netherlands newest drink. Tulip spirits ... it does not get more Dutch than that. Well, unless I put my wooden shoes on ...

https://dutchtulipvodka.com/

Dutch-Tulp-pure.jpg

295 euros per bottle. Wow, that's $438 per bottle Canadian! Break out those tulip bulbs!

Yeah. Clusius Craft Distillers are targeting basically Michelin star restaurants with this product.

Regards, Odin.

And here's the mashed tulip bulbs fermenting at our customer's location.

Regards, Odin.

• reaction_title_1 1