Wayward

What ever happened to iStill?

Here is a picture of Joris picking up his new iStill 2000. Quite a growth pattern! He started with an i100, then upgraded to an i500, and now its an all new iStill 2000.

Regards, Odin.

D46B9A95-3721-49D9-A091-8CC628B2AD1C.JPG

Posted (edited)

Things are going great! Just closed deals of delivering 3 more iStills to the USA. And we have 12 more leads that I expect to convert into customers pretty soon.

I am currently in Pittsburgh, PA, and flying to Boston this evening. The iStill 2000 (our 530 galon net masher/fermenter/distiller) is all packed for ADI's Convention in Portland, OR, where we have the biggest still (probably) and the biggest booth (definately) to welcome all of you that want to see the iStill or meet up with me or the team.

Apart from taking the iStill 2000 with us, we'll come with a crew of 6 and maybe a few more. We'll have bottles of gin, whiskey, vodka and tequila with us for you to try. And some new make spirit and some new make that we speed aged in the iStill with wood chunks. We'll do a beer and burger event on one of the evenings. If you want to sign up for that, please let us know when you visit our stand.

The goal of flying to Boston is to check out some real estate for our future North American HQ. With distillery,  showroom and educational facility. Very exciting stuff

After Boston, I'll take a week of. Vacation in Florida together with my daughter. Amelia Island, near Jacksonville. Anyone out there that I could meet up with?

Napa Valley is next, where I will give a 4-day workshop. And then ADI Conventionin Portland! looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Regards, Odin.

Edited by Odin
Edited for spelling mistakes.

A picture of Odin meeting up with Gary from Wood Hat Spirits!

IMG_0132.jpg

We still have a few places left at the 4-day craft distilling workshop at Napa Valley Distillery. March 19th till 22nd. We'll dive into distilling, mashing, fermenting and barrel aging. We'll make rye whiskey, brandy and vodka. We'll work with a traditional copper alembic and an iStill 2000. For more information, reach out to jason@iStillmail.com.

Regards, Odin.

_25R67801.jpg

348s.jpg

Guess what country iStill is in?

Regards, Odin.

We are having fun at the ADI convention! Meeting loads of new people and having a great time! Yesterday we took our newest customers to the traditional iStill Beer & Burger Event. Here are some pictures.

Regards, Odin.

IMG_0698.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0691.jpg

New manhole to the 26 gallon iStill 100 ...

IMG_0628.jpg

Testing the new i5. Still in development. Goal is to make an iStill that can be used as a lab size product development kit. We have found that the normal lab ware does not get to the exact taste profile the bigger units give us, hence this new really small still. It can hold up to 1 1/2 gallon. First indications is it makes a very good drop indeed. Today we tested its 190 proof capabilities and they are fully there!

Regards, Odin.

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Any news on your whisky movie , ....mashing and fermenting  ....that you promised some time back ??

@Odin

Posted February 5

Making a movie on how to mash, ferment, and distill single malt whisky. Should be ready early next week. We'll upload it when it is done and will let you know. All processes will take place in one machine.

Regards, Odin.

I think we never finished it! Thanks for helping me remember. I'll pick up on it later this month and let you guys know when it is done!

Regards, Odin.

Here's a picture of Arjan picking up his new iStill 500 for the "Pronckheer Distillery" in Cothen, the Netherlands.

IMG_0702.jpg

Congrats to NC's biggest grain to glass distillery, Graybeard Distillery, for winning gold with Bedlam Vodka at the SF international spirits competition! Proud that you are running iStills 2000 and 5000!

https://www.facebook.com/bedlamvodka/videos/1800323986692528/UzpfSTYyMjE3MzA4MTE1NzAxNzoyMTE1NzE5MDg4NDY5MDY4/

Regards, Odin.

image004.png

That lab still is pretty bad ass.  What is pricing like for that?

Hi Jeff,

We don't know yet. Still designing and upgrading some things.

Will let you know when all is done.

Thanks for asking.

Odin.

Okay, this has nothing to do with distilling. Just me, as a dad, being extremely proud of my daughter, who is the national under 17' soccer team's goal keeper. Here is a picture of her on an official Dutch Soccer Association outing ...

5213da5c-a78a-4a77-8cdd-05b1c0c750d4.JPG