Wayward

What ever happened to iStill?

Here is a picture of the new generation iStill Mini. Our product development still. 1.5 gallon net boiler content. A very helpful tool to design any drink ...

We are currently building another batch of 50. Shipment will start in like 3 weeks from now.

Regards, Odin.

IMG_2622.jpg

Three more iStills 2000 (550 gallon net boiler capacity) on their way to various American customers! With agitators, boiler radiators, additional manholes and UL compliancy.

Regards, Odin.

2a6599d2-2747-41cd-8d07-00bcf340db78.JPG

A question Odin .... Are you able to do essential oil distillation with your standard stills or how much of a variation is required.

Some thoughts on this. ???

Hi Richard, if you could explain a bit more what you are looking for in terms of ingredients and procedure and end goal, I can dive in deeper. Please know that the iStills - in combination with the Extractor option - help a lot of our customers at making extracts as well as essences. Extract is organically alive and colorful. Essence is an extract that is distilled. Most customers use alcohol to make essences and/or extracts. We have one or two that use water. Hope this info helps.

Regards, Odin.

Hi Odin

I am talking about essential oil distillation .... steam extraction of essential oils from plant materials ... for example see below.

OilsDistilledQty.jpg

Yes we can, Richard. Please reach out via Sales@iStillmail.com if you wanna discuss in depth ...

Regards, Odin.

The last day of the 4-day iStill certified distilling workshop starts in an hour from now. What's on the program? The students will make single malt whisky!

https://istillblog.com/2019/01/24/istill-university-workshop-in-amsterdam-2/

Please know we are organizing two courses in the USA as well. For more info, please reach out to Jason@iStillmail.com.

Regards, Odin.

6e290871-d680-4275-aa64-bc1219d088bc.jpg

Pee a boo!

peekaboo.jpg

Exciting times ahead!

We are working on three new innovations. Doing final fine-tuning. I expect to introduce the new tech we are working on via our iStill Blog in the coming three weeks. For pics, see:

Also, I'll be flying over to the USA tomorrow. Trade show and then, in less than a week from now, we give another 4-day distilling course in Madison. Still some places left. If you wanna register, please reach out to Veronika@iStillmail.com.

Regards, Odin.

IMG_6871.jpg

Last week we trained eight North American distillers in spirits design: whiskey, gin, and vodka!

More courses coming up soon. Denver, Co, is next!

Regards, Odin.

IMG_2883 (2).JPG

I just got back from the iStill training in Wisconsin and it far exceeded my expectations.  I expected the class to mostly be about how to use the iStill machine but it was really the best class I have taken on theory of distillation, mashing, aging and fermentation.  We ran both the iStill 500 and the new minis and made some whiskey, gin and bitters during the class, so it had a good hands on component as well. 

We have ordered a iStill 2000 to upgrade our distillery with and will be using it for start to finish process of grain mashing, fermentation and distillation.  It seems you really can't beat it for ease of use, versatility and precise control over your process and flavors from start to finish.  We ordered with indirect heaters and cooling radiator for temp control during mashing and fermentation.  Compared to the price of upgrading all our equipment to 2000 liter, iStill seems like the best solution as well as a big time saver in not having to transfer the mash and clean multiple vessels, pumps and hoses ec...

I will update with our experiences once we have our 2000 installed and operating.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Still_Holler said:

I just got back from the iStill training in Wisconsin and it far exceeded my expectations.  I expected the class to mostly be about how to use the iStill machine but it was really the best class I have taken on theory of distillation, mashing, aging and fermentation.  We ran both the iStill 500 and the new minis and made some whiskey, gin and bitters during the class, so it had a good hands on component as well. 

We have ordered a iStill 2000 to upgrade our distillery with and will be using it for start to finish process of grain mashing, fermentation and distillation.  It seems you really can't beat it for ease of use, versatility and precise control over your process and flavors from start to finish.  We ordered with indirect heaters and cooling radiator for temp control during mashing and fermentation.  Compared to the price of upgrading all our equipment to 2000 liter, iStill seems like the best solution as well as a big time saver in not having to transfer the mash and clean multiple vessels, pumps and hoses ec...

I will update with our experiences once we have our 2000 installed and operating.

Still_Holler, which distillery in Madison has the iStill? I'm not too far from there and I'd like to check it out. Thanks.

3 hours ago, dorkjackson said:

Still_Holler, which distillery in Madison has the iStill? I'm not too far from there and I'd like to check it out. Thanks.

Two Tall is the name, it is located in Sun Prairie just outside Madison. I believe the are open Saturdays from 1:00-5:00. https://twotalldistilling.com/

We have a new innovation called ABV Control. It allows the craft distiller to distill any spirit to the exact ABV he wants. With a variance of 1% only. So now you can make rum or whiskey in one go, in one single distillation run.

For more reading, see: https://istillblog.com/2019/02/22/innovation-abv-control/

People with existing 2018 and 2019 models, get this as a free, over the air update. New orders will get it automatically.

Regards, Odin.

img_2641.jpg

Hi there!

We are testing another iStill 5000. Yep, that's 1300 gallon net capacity. This one will test with the potstill column configuration on it. 200 liters (55 gallon) per hour. That's the production rate per hour.

For more info see: https://www.istill.com/designstudio/i5000

Regards, Odin.

e0255a8d-0fbc-4496-8331-d08a36aa593c.jpg

ea4be012-ba17-4bb1-b60a-01a0926b2259.jpg

2 hours ago, Odin said:

200 liters (550 gallon) per hour. That's the production rate per hour.

Might be a math error here

Yeah, it does around 55 gallon, not 550. That's a typo I will amend right away.

Thanks!

Odin.

Proud to have some of the very best welders work for us. Here is a picture of us welding a 12 inch diameter shotgun type cooler ...

Regards, Odin.

IMG_1391.jpg

Looks great.  I am surprised however that you have not used baffles in the stack so as to get better / more efficient cooling.

Another amazing innovation, we have been working on for quite some time! The Reflux Capacitor, we call it. Yes, like Back to the Future's Flux Capacitor, only suited for the craft distiller. It boosts column performance with around 25%. For more reading, please see:

Regards, Odin.

img_2814.jpg