bottle caps

daveflintstone

Depends on the bottle and the look you are after. You can put on caps like "Absolut" by hand in small quantities or faster with a machine. True ROPP (rolled on closures) require roll on equipment, single head for less $$$ and multiple head for more $$$ but more speed. Many craft distillers select stoppers to enhance the hand crafted or premium look of their package and to get started with no upfront machinery needed to apply them.

There are many options and prices available...find what you want and ask how to get it.

regards,

Kevin Dunbar

Tapi USA

Closure manufacturer

Kevin@tapiusa.com

What kind of capping machine are you using, and what type of cap do you put on your bottles?

There seems to be a multitude of choices.

I want to use a metal cap, but I'm unsure of what I need to put it on the bottle.

Roll Over Pilfer Proof (ROPP) cappers designed to thread and seal aluminum caps onto rigid containers. The cappers are hard to find and even harder to justify ROI unless you can find a used single head machine. Regardless of the cap you use, you must make sure that the cap threads and the bottle threads are a match or you will have leakers. Feel free to contact me if you need additional information.

Paul Noble

New Business Sales Executive

Pretium Packaging

17 McHenry Ave.

Crystal Lake, IL 60014

Ph: 815-356-7355

Fx: 815-356-7356

I have one available I would be willing to sell you. It's single head, semi-auto ROPP, was for product line that we never ended up launching....so its never been used in a production run. Write me a P.M. and I would be happy to send you pics and a ballpark of what price I am looking to get for it, as well as model number, etc.