Anyone have experience w/ Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC??

rickthenewb

Hi Rick,

Just thought that I would throw out some statements of people who have experience with us.  Below that is a video of one of our stills being installed at Elevated Mountain Distillery in Maggie Valley NC.  We have equipment in around 200 distilleries.  If you would like our reference list just email me paul@distillery-equipment,com  

http://distillery-equipment.com 

http://moonshine-still.co

My wife and I are actively avoiding retirement by starting up a micro-distillery in Lilburn, Georgia. I began our journey by applying 40 plus years of experience as an Industrial Manufacturing Engineer in conducting a thorough international search for the equipment that would best fit our requirements. We were looking for a “Swiss Army Knife, do anything” system, and I was off and running. I evaluated 12 different suppliers, from budget to big bucks, and repeatedly kept returning to Affordable Distillery Equipment. One of their secrets is the office staff – bless “patience of a Saint” Susan for putting up with my dumb questions, always answered, cheerfully and promptly. She and Paul were always there to show us “newbies” the way, as was Micah, the seemingly super-human guy that delivered and set up our equipment for us.

If anyone is in our neck of the Atlanta suburban woods, please do contact us to make sure we’ll be around, and drop by – we’ll be happy to show off our place, featuring our 300 gallon Ultra Pro Vodka still, fermenters, mix tank, mash pump and steam boiler, all thanks to Affordable Distillery Equipment. Great prices, shortest lead times anywhere, beautiful stuff, outstanding support."
- Paul Allen, Hope Springs Distillery
“When we started the plan of Black Dog Distillery, we reached out to several still manufacturers and suppliers. ADE and their team took the time we needed to help us understand our options. Not just for today but where we might go in the future. Fast forward a year and half later, we are open and operational. The equipment has been performing and producing award winning Vodka and Rum.” 
-Keith Moore, Black Dog Distillery.

"Paul and Susan at Affordable Distillery Equipment are very knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to making purchases. They provided us with all the specifications for our equipment so that we could purchase the appropriate boiler and pre-organize all our electrical, steam and plumbing trades. This allowed us to have our entire facility up and running in only 5 months. We found both their price quotes and their delivery times unmatched in the research we did on distillery equipment manufacturers. We are happy with the quality and have an on-going relationship with them for our other equipment needs. We highly recommend their products and invite anyone interested in seeing samples of their equipment to come to our distillery to check it out first hand."

- Geoff Stewart Big Rig Craft Distillery Ltd.

• Thumbs up 1

On 12/25/2016 at 0:43 PM, Southernhighlander said:

Just thought that I would throw out some statements of people who have experience with us.

With all due respect, this is not at all what the OP asked.

Hi Indyspirits,

Sorry didn't mean to upset anyone.  The OP asked for anyone with experience with us and I listed the statements of 3 people who have experience with us and offered them our reference list, which has a great many people with experience with us.  

I used to live in Indy back in the early 80s.  My cousin owns a couple of big scrap yards up there.  His name is Earl Brown.  He used to race stock cars at the Speed Drome.    Indianapolis is a great town with really nice people.  I really liked living there.  Do you have a distillery in Indianapolis?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Below are a couple of pics of a combination Mash Tun Still that we did for Larry Robinson from Oklahoma.  This is a 150 gallon Baine Marie Oil jacketed still with an electric heating system, agitator and 4 plate bubble plate column with dephlegmator and Gin basket.  Our Stills are American designed, American engineered and assembled in the US.  All of the electrical work is done here at my shop and we do about 30% of the fabrication here.  The parts are around 70% Chinese made and 30 % American made.   Our stills will be completely American made within the next couple of years.  We are moving 2 to stills per week right now.  Including the heating system control panel agitator and everything this still is only $14,364.00

P1250148.JPG

P1250149.JPG

P1250153.JPG

• Thumbs up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bought a small still from them. Had them ship it down here to Peru. They did everything for me as far as shipping since I know nothing about importation. Still is sitting in the harbor as I type so I'll let you all know how it works when I get it. But so far everything with Paul and Susan has been great!

• 1 month later...

last night our baine marie test still arrived on the truck unpacked it , all my parts were there and very little shipping damage to the still , it was very well packed , checked welds all look pretty good , all parts ordered showed up ,. if i could go back and do it again i would defiantly do things different but im super happy with this jacketed still , cant wait to hook the hydronic system up to it . 

tim 

• Thumbs up 1

here is a cool update regarding our new jacketed test still .. as a preemptive strike  to passing inspection on this piece of equipment i asked to have a friend of   ours inspect the welds and fabrication of the still boiler ( he is a high pressure welding inspector by trade ) . he came out and inspected our still and im very pumped to have him report that the vessel meets and exceeds the requirements of a pressure vessel  for the pressure that it is rated   ,,,and to make me happier this still is not intended to be or used as a pressure vessel as the heating and distilling operations are both open systems . as far as the welds were concerned he was 100 percent confident of all the welds even if it was to be used under pressure which it wont be lol ..so bottom line is im pumped  . i cant wait till paul and susan open up a office in saskatchewan preferably northern saskatchewan .  

• Thumbs up 1

Thank you Hudson Bay Distillers.  We really appreciate the great feedback.  A certain Canadian still vender has been bad mouthing our equipment saying that they believe our stills must have thin metal and bad welding because our prices are less than 1/3 of their prices on most equipment.  This same company quoted one of our Canadian customers over $30,000.00 for a 30 gallon still.  We sold Hudson Bay the 45 gallon jacketed still pot that is discribed above, that was inspected by his friend the Canadian welding inspector.    Our price was only $1,860.00  Some equipment vendors are marking their equipment up over 500% because they know the market will bear it.  We have a small mark up and low overhead so that we can sell our stills and other equipment at affordable prices.  We have stills and other equipment in over 210 legal distilleries in Canada and the US.  We have a very good reputation.  If you want good, solid, well made, great performing equipment, at the best prices in the industry, just give us a call at 417-778-6100 and we will offer you equipment that you can hand down to your great grand children.  Don't pay 5 times more than what you should for your still, email us for a quote and reference list paul@distillery-equipment.com You can visit distilleries on the list and see our equipment in action.  http//:distillery-equipment.com

• 1 month later...

Chris was having trouble posting his review below so I posted it for him.

Hi I'm Chris from Last Shot Distillery located in Skaneateles NY. I purchased our equipment from Paul, and have had nothing but a positive experience. This is a very professional company and have been willing to work closely with us in setting up our equipment and correcting any glitches. I would highly recommend this company.if you have any questions you can contact me   Chris  Uyehara  @ 315-554-8241

• 2 weeks later...

We just delivered and set up the equipment below in a distillery in Sevierville TN.  There are 3 completed systems in the pics including stills, mash tuns, fermenters and pumps.  We also sold them their Steam Boiler.  The largest set up has a 1,000 gallon operating capacity Ultra Pro Whiskey Still, 1,000 gallon mash tun and five 1,000 gallon fermenters.  The price of the 1000 gallon still is lower than some of our competitors 150 gallon stills.  I was born and raised in the Great Smoky Mountains and I have lots of family there, as my people on both sides, have been there for many generations.  We have equipment in several distilleries in the Smokies. 

Image may contain: indoor

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

• 2 weeks later...

Below is another review from one of our customers:

I purchased a 300 gallon ultra pro vodka still, a 300 gallon pro series mash tun, five 300 gallon pro series fermenters and a Rite low pressure steam boiler from Affordable Distillery Equipment in April of 2013.  Then in December of 2014.  I purchased an 800 gallon ultra pro whiskey still, 800 gallon pro series mash tun and seven 800 gallon pro series fermenters.  Now, I’m getting ready to purchase a complete 1500 gallon system.  My experiences with Affordable Distillery Equipment have been very good.  The equipment is all good, solid equipment, especially the stills and mash tuns, which have been real work horses.  Affordable Distillery Equipment has excellent customers service.  We had a couple of small problems with the first still, but they took care of those problems in a very timely manner.  After dealing with Paul and Susan, I will never buy distillery equipment from anyone else.

Rusty Cox

757-593-1055

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought that I would let everyone know that we are working on designs for a new line of stills that are very different than the average beverage ethanol stills that are currently in use.  Our new stills will distill at less than 100 degrees F.  They will be jacketed and can be heated with 165 F water from a hot water heater.  These stills can be used to make any spirit that you desire.  They will have an automated computer control system.    We will post updates as time moves forward.  paul@distillery-equipment.com

Also we currently have in production a new still that will produce 90 gallons per hr of 190 proof gin or vodka.  The price is only $49,995.00  Email me privately about this one.  It is not on the web site yet.  paul@distillery-equipment.com

http://distillery-equipment.com

http://moonshine-stills.co

• 2 weeks later...

I have experience with Affordable Distillery Equipment. I ordered a still at the end of January and received it last week, which was within the promised 6 month time frame. No hiccups at all along the way. Every email I sent was replied to either the same day or the very next. I have been very pleased working with Paul and Susan and would recommend them to anyone looking for distilling equipment. Looking forward to working with them more when I set out on the task of installing the still as well!

Kevin

Striped Lion Distilling

• Thumbs up 1

On 7/25/2017 at 1:54 PM, dwhuff said:

Will the still and mash tun I ordered in Feb. be here anytime soon? No one responds to email.-Dave

Paul and Susan both responded immediately after this post.

• Thumbs up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Below is a picture of one of our 200 gallon combination Mash Tun/Stripping Still/Spirit Stills that we just completed for a customer.  This unit has an electric bain marie heating system in the jacket.  This unit is great for start up distilleries, because you can cook grain in mashes and then once the mash is fermented you can distill in this unit as well.  The combined mash tun option does not cost extra, so you can start with this unit to cook mash and distill and then when your orders dictate you can add a dedicated mash tun.  

Also, please note that the offset column sits very low.  This still was built for a distillery with a very low ceiling.   Unlike some our competitors, we have a designs that allow us to lower our columns to fit almost any height restriction.  Also we can fully automate both the heating system, column and condenser control.

5991f0b19e8c3_200gallonBainemariecombinationMashTunStrippingspiritstilllowered.jpg.cfc17887c6a5d3e7004e6d5005fffc0a.jpg