ADI Forums
rickthenewb

Anyone have experience w/ Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC??

Paul, what is the heat up time on something like this?

Michaelangelo,

Heat up time with the baine marie heating system is 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs.  Heat up time running low pressure steam is 40 minutes to 1 hr.  

That is our Standard Series 150 gallon Mash Tun.    It has large hinged lids on a removable clamp down top.  The agitator is a 1hp  agitator with a gear box that spins the shaft at 45 rpm max (high RPM agitators do not work well with thick grain in mashed).   This agitator has large paddles designed specifically for grain in mashes. With the optional VFD drive the agitator becomes veriable speed and can be reversed.  This mash tun also has a 1.5" diameter removable coil for crash cooling  your mash.  Each crash cool only takes around 30 minutes.  The unit as pictured, set up for steam is only $6,995.00  With programmable electric bain marie heat the price is $11,264.00  This unit is not on our web site yet, but we have sold several and they work very well.

thanks for the info do u have more pics of it .......by the way in ur spare time could you invent a still that has same technology as a microwave if i can make tea in microwave why cant i get a still that uses same science . 

tim

Tim,

Below are a couple of pics of our 150 gallon mash tun..  The bottom pic shows the cooling coil in the mash tun.  That's a 1.5" diameter coil that has a length of over 80'  you can get crash cool times of less than 30 minutes.

P6280077-1.jpg

P6280075-1.jpg

Wilder    0

I've been talking with Paul, so much lately, I've been thinking of calling my distillery "Paul's Place".  I can seriously say Paul has helped me more than anyone in the industry. No question is a dumb question when talking to him or his staff. He is easy talk to and great deal with.

The below was posted on our face book page by Steve Goodwin.

"After a recent experience, I must say the folks at Affordable Distillery Equipment are very helpful when you have questions and they have very fast turnaround time when you do place an order. Two thumbs up to Susan, Paul and the whole crew."

Below is one of our heat exchangers for cooling mash.  This one is made in the USA at our shop here in mo.  The inner tubing is 2" and the outer tubing is 2.5".  paul@distillery-equipment.com 417-778-6100

Large_Heat_exchanger_1.jpg

large_heat_exchanger_2.jpg

Large_Heat_exchanger_3.jpg

Glenlyon    4

Thanks to Paul and Susan and their crew as we take delivery of our first still!

The distillery construction workers went nuts when we un-boxed it. (Site behind the truck)  Talk about building excitement and a market!

Awesome.

Glen

2017-09-07 14.16.34.jpg

• reaction_title_1 1

dwhuff    1

Paul,

Email me price for the heat exchangers and any additional info.-Dave

On 9/5/2017 at 3:17 PM, Southernhighlander said:

Below is one of our heat exchangers for cooling mash.  This one is made in the USA at our shop here in mo.  The inner tubing is 2" and the outer tubing is 2.5".  paul@distillery-equipment.com 417-778-6100

Large_Heat_exchanger_1.jpg

large_heat_exchanger_2.jpg

Large_Heat_exchanger_3.jpg

jeffw    6

Paul,

What is the price on the mash heat exchanger?  What is the total length on that?

Cheers,
Jeff

Hi Jeff

This heat exchanger has 54' of 2" tubing, jacketed with 2.5" tubing.  If we build it here the price is $4,795.00  If I have it built in China the new price is $3,973.00  The is not really any difference between us building it here or it being built in China.

robowop,

Yes, we have sold our Rite low pressure steam boilers to several customers in Canada.  If you would like a quote, please email paul@distillery-equipment.com and let us know what you will be firing with the boiler and your elevation above sea level.

Thank you

Paul Hall CEO Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC

http://distillery-equipment.com

http://moonshine-still.co

https://triclamp.co