Anyone have experience w/ Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC??

rickthenewb

Below are pics of a 105 gallon Bain Marie that just went to Blue Pearl Distillery.  The price on the turn key units is 13,000.00 to 14,000 complete.  We have them in combination mash tun still configurations.  We have been shipping 1 or 2 Standard series stills per week and around 1 pro series every 2 weeks. 

Please note that our heating system control panels have external heat sinks and they are NEMA4 which means that they are liquid, dust and vapor proof.  Our controllers are much safer than those of our competitors that have internal cooling fans.  Control panels with cooling fans suck air through the panel to cool the components.   None of our control panels have internal cooling fans, because our panels vent the heat from the SSRs externally.

If there is ethanol vapor in the air an internal cooling fan will suck the flammable vapor in which can ignite from arcing componants in the panel which can cause a fire and or explosion.

PC130201.thumb.JPG.86e66f79591cfd9e504e866d846a1af0.JPG

PC130199.JPG.fb154019059d5e9bdd84c6d4dce4fd31.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I have only been operational for about three weeks.   Paul has been invaluable in getting me going.

I reached out to him sheepishly because I had bought a still from another vendor, and could get no support, no wiring diagrams, no returned calls......it was a nightmare.   Paul and Jerimy walked me through a ton of stuff right off the bat just because I asked.   Helped me wire up a bunch of stuff I bought from other people, amazing.   They also saved me from creating a bad pressure situation in the oil jacket.  I was so happy I sent them steaks from my farm!   

Since then I have purchased a few items from them, new bigger paddles for my agitator, a vacuum relief and vent for my oil jacket.    He also walked me through the way his family distilled bourbon today for many generations, because I called him with a question unrelated to a sale in any way.   Really down to earth, nice guy.  If I sound like a fan boy I'm sorry, but he has put me well ahead of where I would have been without calling him, and he saved me from a seriously dangerous situation.

I'm not sure when I will be upgrading to a bigger still and bigger DSP, but when I do, it will be through Paul      Top notch.

• Thumbs up 1

• 2 weeks later...

We completed and shipped the 400 gallon combination Mash Tun Still last week.  The price for this unit is $32,544.75  We have these in stock in 250 gallon, 300 gallon and 800 gallon with stripping columns or 4 plate copper pro serie columns..  We have some 500 gallon stills with the same columns that are not mash tuns.  We have a great many of our 45, 105, and 150 gallon stills, mash tun stills and mash tuns in stock as well as many other sizes and configurations.

P1290023-resized.jpg

P1290014-resized.jpg

P1290015-resized.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The below is a 200 gallon combination mash still with a stripping column and 4 plate bubble plate column on the pot.  This still will produce anything except for vodka from scratch.  One of our competitors has a system with an overhead winch for switching out columns.  Why would you do that when you can simply turn a valve handle?

P3200021.JPG.6fb6b55927a9dfa53a964961e46f2d1b.JPG

P3200024.JPG

Below are pics of one of our combination baine marie mash tun Ultra Pro Whiskey stills with gin basket.  Please note the CIP pump and Mash pump as well as our control panel. 

Our newest model of baine marie is electric over steam.  The still creates its own steam with no steam boiler needed.  We will start producing those within the next few weeks.  The heating system is open to atmosphere but they operate at steam pressure ranging from 4 psi to 14psi.  These revolutionary new stills create pressure with an open system using a device that I invented called an open system pressurization module (OSPM).  

P3210052-resized.jpg.9b16f7823945c93bce6a2fea1f9d15f0.jpg

P3210063-resized.jpg

P3210078-resized.jpg

P3210051-resized.jpg

bluestar,

So you are running with 14 psi steam in an open system jacket?  What I am referencing is a very safe open system with 250 F steam, not a pressurized closed system.  Can you create  250 F steam in an open vented jacket?  If not you are not operating in this mode?  I am very curious because I am working on a patent for my open system pressurization module which is a seperate device that the jacket vents into that is open to atmosphere but allows for a preset amount of pressure to build in the jacket.  This is not to be mistaken with just having the jacket 1/2 full of water so that you get 212F steam in the upper part of the jacket.  This is something completely different.  My device will turn any baine marie oil or water jacketed still into a steam still.  The price will only be a few hundred dollars.

2 hours ago, Southernhighlander said:

bluestar,

So you are running with 14 psi steam in an open system jacket?  What I am referencing is a very safe open system with 250 F steam, not a pressurized closed system.  Can you create  250 F steam in an open vented jacket?  If not you are not operating in this mode?  I am very curious because I am working on a patent for my open system pressurization module which is a seperate device that the jacket vents into that is open to atmosphere but allows for a preset amount of pressure to build in the jacket.  This is not to be mistaken with just having the jacket 1/2 full of water so that you get 212F steam in the upper part of the jacket.  This is something completely different.  My device will turn any baine marie oil or water jacketed still into a steam still.  The price will only be a few hundred dollars.

No, it is what you described: pressure release valve releases a little above atmosphere (under 5psi), drop the bain marie level to below or at the pot, so that you get steam at about 224F. But you can also use an external steam source under 14psi.

It is not what I discribed. Since you are using a pressure release valve you are pressurizing the jacket as a closed system until the valve actuation pressure is reached.  I cannot sell a still or mash tun with a closed pressurized jacket with a built in heating system as that would be illegal for me to sell and illegal for my customers to use.  I can certainly sell systems with closed pressurized jackets up to 14 psi with an external low pressure steam boiler as the steam source and I have been doing that for 6 years. 

My open system pressurization module is a device that allows pressure to be built in the baine marie's jacket even though the system is open to atmosphere, meaning that there is no mechanical device closing the system to atmosphere like a pressure relief valve..  The pressurization module is an open system so it will be perfectly legal for me to sell it for use with any baine marie still.  We are talking about 2 very different things, yours is a closed system until you reach 5psi when your valve pops.  My system is an open system not closed.  I know it seems to defy logic but it works very well.  The great thing is that it can be added to any baine marie still, so that water can be used in the jacket and steam temps of 250 F can be reached in the open system jacket as long as the jacket will handle that pressure.  We will be able to supply OSP modules for 4 psi, 6psi, 8psi,10psi, 12psi and 14 psi.  I am doing this because I want to make my stills safer.  I don't like oil as a heat transfer medium because oil is flammable.  Also steam has a much better heat transfer coefficient so steam can heat faster than oil even if the steam is at a lower temp.  We will have these modules available to convert pretty much any self contained electric baine marie oil bath to steam.

We just completed this combination mash tun/stripping still/vodka still yesterday.  This still has two large copper defuser plate assemblies that remove all of the sulfides plus all of the plates and plate components are copper.  Of course we can build the whole still from copper except for the steam jacket, if that is what you want.  If others have told you that they cannot sell you vodka still because of a height restriction, just let us know.  We can lower or split our vodka columns so that they will fit your vertical space no problem.  Our vodka columns function perfectly even if they are lowered all of the way to the floor.

P3280126.JPG.f142d5df0dce709219a0b19e904eb91e.JPG

22 hours ago, Southernhighlander said:

We will have these modules available to convert pretty much any self contained electric baine marie oil bath to steam.

I'm keen on this idea. When will you have this modification available?