rickthenewb

Anyone have experience w/ Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC??

Below is the still pot and receiving tank for one of our 100 gallon vacuum stills.  This unit is for Hemp to CBD processing, however the new distilling speeds that we are getting on these are incredible. total run time of 1 hr and 15 minutes.  This is the run time including heat up to operating temp with 170 proof mixed with oil to start.  The 2,500 gallon unit has a run time of 1.5 hrs from start up.  We are going to test one as a stripping still with 8% mash.  If it is as fast as I think that is as a stripper, it's going to be faster than any continuas stripping column that I have seen with the same price.  Distillation is done at 50 C under vacuum.

P1010852.JPG

We just finished the baine marie below:

P1010890.JPG

And a little 105 gallon combination mash tun baine marie still:

P1010839.JPG

and a little 100 gallon direct fire electric. Ain't she purdy?

P1010861.JPG

And here's one we are still working on:

400 gallon Ultra Pro Vodka Still order for John Bohannon06.jpg

Nice stack of dimes tig bead laid down by Steven Huffman.  Steven is one of our 10 Sanitary Welder fabricators.  Nice color.

No photo description available.

• Thanks 1

Below are 2 stills that we just finished up.  They are both 150 gallon Ultra Pro Whiskey stills with Gin baskets.  The top still is a baine marie and the bottom still is a steam fired still.

Also we are getting very close to offering for sale our long awaited continuous column stills.  We figured out a way to stop the foaming issues that you see with most continuous column stills including the one that was shown in the video that was recently posted to the forum.  Foaming causes inefficiency and because of foaming our competitors must space their plates much farther apart making their stills a great deal taller. Our design is a great deal shorter, more efficient, takes up less space and costs less than those of our competitors.  Our design is very different than conventional designs currently in use, internally but it has a very traditional look.   We will be offering them in 2" diameter up to 36" diameter.  We still have 3 to 4 weeks to go.  We will post pics and video when they are ready.

P7280947.JPG.63531a9686e5fe924e46afb0145590d9.JPG

P7210925.JPG

29 minutes ago, Southernhighlander said:

Below are 2 stills that we just finished up.  They are both 150 gallon Ultra Pro Whiskey stills with Gin baskets.  The top still is a baine marie and the bottom still is a steam fired still.

Also we are getting very close to offering for sale our long awaited continuous column stills.  We figured out a way to stop the foaming issues that you see with most continuous column stills including the one that was shown in the video that was recently posted to the forum.  Foaming causes inefficiency and because of foaming our competitors must space their plates much farther apart making their stills a great deal taller. Our design is a great deal shorter, more efficient, takes up less space and costs less than those of our competitors.  Our design is very different than conventional designs currently in use, internally but it has a very traditional look.   We will be offering them in 2" diameter up to 36" diameter.  We still have 3 to 4 weeks to go.  We will post pics and video when they are ready.

P7280947.JPG.63531a9686e5fe924e46afb0145590d9.JPG

Paul,

That's my still you are referencing, and what you see in the column is beer...not foam. Inefficient is the opposite of what the column in the video is. That still is doing with 9 plates what a Vendome does with 15 on the beer column AND we have done lab distillations the bottoms product at various set points to verify there is no alcohol left in it to prove that. This still doesn't run a traditional seal cup on the downcomer so it runs a deeper liquid bed....in my experience downcomer seal cups can clog with thicker grain-in mashes....especially those high in malt. That's the reason the still was designed without the cups, hence the deeper beds. What you are seeing is not hydraulic flooding or jet flooding; it's equilibrium. I'm guessing your going to put some kind of "entrainment" plate or screen above your plates to keep foam down. Again just a guess but I viewed that as a band-aid to a problem....not a solution. The StillDragon continuous has a solution built inside of it. Please do not philosophize on a still you haven't seen run, haven't tasted product off of, and have no idea how the internals are designed. AND that design has changed A LOT since I shared it with you a few years ago.

Any questions feel free to call 618-281-7733.

Adam

I apologize. Some of my assumptions were based on your original designs. It's good to hear that you made changes. My designs are completely different than anything I have ever seen before.  We are not using screens above our plates, we have a different method to keep the foaming  from occurring.  Since there is no foaming, our plates can be closer together. Our column T sections are shorter than in any of the US or German designs that I have seen.

My designs are not based on any US, German or Western European designs.  They are based on something different.  Something more advanced in some ways that was built in a Nation that no longer exists.  My engineer is from there. My engineer and I both saw your still run in the video and to him it looked like a lot of little bubbles in beer.  Also your plate spacing is a greater than ours and he assumed it was to decrease the foaming issue.  If we were mistaken I apologize.  I will contact you to compare data in few weeks when our patent work is far enough along.  I think that you will be really surprised about a few things.  

Some combination mash tun stills that we just finished yesterday.  Also we just sold an Ultra Pro Whiskey System complete with mash pump, explosion proof ethanol pump,mash tun, fermenter, CIP system etc to the University of Illinois.  We are currently working on a sale to another state University . We have sold 4 complete system just this week. If we do as well the rest of the year as we have done so far, our US sales this year should approach $7,000,000.00 I'm not certain but I think that we are currently number two in sales to US distilleries.  Maybe next year we will be number one.

P5250553.thumb.JPG.a66de4a3ef912f60e262f5d1b2a9adf4.JPGP6010597.thumb.JPG.7c70fad2c42c69b6eca769a294a30fdc.JPG

We recently purchased one of Paul's set ups in his photos and had newbie issues getting it dialed in. Paul gave me a cell number for his main guy. Mike took multiple calls both Saturday and Sunday to get me running. Service has been excellent. Still is running like a champ! 

For any new folks looking for a manufacturer I would recommend Paul and can say I have been very happy with the product and service. 

• Thanks 1

We purchased a 250-gallon Mash Tun Stripping Still this winter after working with Paul on our startup equipment 5-years ago.  We run it 6-days a week with great results.  You can literally pick up the phone and talk to him, as well as his guys that work for him.  Best of luck Paul as the biz continues to grow!

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2019 at 8:48 PM, Northern Waters said:

We purchased a 250-gallon Mash Tun Stripping Still this winter after working with Paul on our startup equipment 5-years ago.  We run it 6-days a week with great results.  You can literally pick up the phone and talk to him, as well as his guys that work for him.  Best of luck Paul as the biz continues to grow!

Thank you.  if you need anything at all just let us know.

Below is some equipment from an order that one of our 3 teams is completing this week.  The first pic has a Vodka still and the next 2 pictures show a combination luater tun stripping still.  We are still putting out 2 to 3 orders for distilleries per week.

P9161108.JPG

P9261143.JPG

P9261145.JPG

Below is a picture of one of my inventions.  I have mentioned it on here before.  It is called an OSPM (open system pressurization module).  If you have a baine marie still the addition of this device will turn it into a self contained steam still.  Steam has a much better heat transfer coefficient than oil or water, so this device will give you faster heat up and run times.  No steam boiler is necessary.  Your stills electric heating system creates steam in the jacket.  We have several customers using these and they love them.  We also have stills available with these.

P9231118.JPG

2 hours ago, Southernhighlander said:

Below is a picture of one of my inventions.  I have mentioned it on here before.  It is called an OSPM (open system pressurization module).  If you have a baine marie still the addition of this device will turn it into a self contained steam still.  Steam has a much better heat transfer coefficient than oil or water, so this device will give you faster heat up and run times.  No steam boiler is necessary.  Your stills electric heating system creates steam in the jacket.  We have several customers using these and they love them.  We also have stills available with these.

P9231118.JPG

Paul -

What does one of these things run?

On 10/4/2019 at 12:48 PM, sandytoes said:

Paul -

What does one of these things run?

$2,300.00 for the OSPM for 14 psi steam and around $1,000.00 for the one for 6 psi steam.

Below are some pics of some of the stills that we are currently building:

Below is a Signature Series Ultra Pro Vodka Still.  I think that our signature series stills are some of the prettiest stills out there.

QQ图片20190823181115.jpg

QQ图片20190922175244.jpg

P9301157.JPG

PA061183.JPG

QQ图片20190922080332.jpg

Edwin Coe Spirits.jpg

Patrick Rosno02.jpg

Melvin Lytton03.jpg