Anyone have experience w/ Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC??

rickthenewb

Wow, that looks remarkably similar to our DOUBLE DRAGON kettle!!!  And by the way, we don't use "winches", just valves.  And that's how its been for the last couple of years since we created that system!

We've been doing multiple columns on our pots for almost 4 years now. Possibly even longer than you have, which is why I was so surprised when I first saw your double dragon kettle in San Diego.  It is also why I paid you the complement about it at the show in Saint James, of course I didn't tell you that we have been doing it for years.  Great minds think alike I guess, but of course neither of us where the first to do it.   We have done some with 2 columns and a pedestal for the condenser mounted on top of the pot as well.  I have a design for 3 columns on one pot for a 2,500 gallon still including a 28' tall vodka column.  I had the multiple column on the same pot idea, when we started doing our first combination mash tun stills 6 years ago, but it took me a while to do anything with it. 

I was referencing a different company concerning winches.  I have watched you guys very closely since you started.  I do that with all of my competitors.  I never knew you used winches, I always figured you were smarter than that.

On 3/30/2018 at 9:48 AM, Glenlyon said:

We will have these modules available to convert pretty much any self contained electric baine marie oil bath to steam.

Back to this idea for a moment. How would this affect energy usage? Theoretically, I suppose you could run a larger still with less energy?

Glenlyon,

Since steam has a better heat transfer coefficient than oil, you should use less energy with the steam.  My patent application is in so I can tell you a little more how the OSP module works.  It utilizes water column to build pressure.  It is sort of complicated inside but basically the 6psi unit is 60" tall and consist of a 3" diameter tube that stands strait up.  There are multiple tubes inside that are filled with water but the system is open to atmosphere with water column being the only thing that creates pressure.  We are not only pushing up through water column we are pushing down through water column to gain pressure as well, and we have developed a way to keep the jacket from leveling up to the top with water during the run and especially after the run when the jacket cools and vacuum is created.  The 14 PSI unit has 4 tubes and reminds you of a 4 barreled gatling gun that is pointed strait up.  

Amrut,

Baine marie heating systems are normally open to atmosphere with electric heating elements in the jacket and oil is the typical heat transfer medium.  i have came up with a way to have steam in the jacket utilizing an open system which makes the still or mash tun safer than using oil, and this also allows the heating jacket of a mash cooker to be used as a cooling jacket.  We actually build combination mash tun stills so this new system will work really well for those.

• Thumbs up 1

On 4/2/2018 at 2:39 PM, Southernhighlander said:

Since steam has a better heat transfer coefficient than oil, you should use less energy with the steam.  My patent application is in so I can tell you a little more how the OSP module works.  It utilizes water column to build pressure.  It is sort of complicated inside but basically the 6psi unit is 60" tall and consist of a 3" diameter tube that stands strait up.  There are multiple tubes inside that are filled with water but the system is open to atmosphere with water column being the only thing that creates pressure.  We are not only pushing up through water column we are pushing down through water column to gain pressure as well, and we have developed a way to keep the jacket from leveling up to the top with water during the run and especially after the run when the jacket cools and vacuum is created.  The 14 PSI unit has 4 tubes and reminds you of a 4 barreled gatling gun that is pointed strait up.

I would definitely be an early adopter of this. Hopefully, not too expensive.

We just finished the 500 gallon Ultra Pro Whiskey still pictured below, yesterday.  The copper 4 plate column for this one is 16" in diameter.  This still will do a whiskey run in 4 hrs from start to finish.  Please note the new parrot that I designed.  These new parrots have a vent connection, just like all of our others. 

As far as I know we are the only manufacturer that offers a vent connection on the parrot for venting the ethanol vapor to the outside of the building, if the condenser goes down.

P4030170 small.jpg

P4030183 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

We have been putting out equipment orders for 2 to 3 distilleries per week for the last few months and our orders keep increasing as time moves forward.  Our orders have been increasing year over year for 6 years but they really increased in a major way right after the Trump tax cuts.  

Hi Lor,

We are building 2 of the signature series stills for customers right now.  I attached drawings of one below.  As soon as they are complete I will have pics.  There are lots of different options and configurations for the signature series stills.  the one below has a copper top on the inner boiler and a stainless skirt with an engine turning pattern.  These stills look much like the German made stills.

200 gallon signature series still.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just finished this Pro Series Combination Mash Tun stripping Still yesterday.  This still will do a stripping run from start to finish in 3.5 hrs.  We can put one plate in the column and this still will do a whiskey run in 4 hrs from start to finish with no stripping run necessary.  One mash cook and one distillation can both be done in less than 8 hrs.  Also since this still is steam fired, you can cook and distill on the grain no problem.  Of course 98% or more of the great Bourbons and most all of the Tennessee Whiskeys made here in the US are distilled on the grain with steam, so anyone who says that you cannot distill good whiskey on the grain with steam is very confused.  The price for the Pro Series Combination Mash Tun Still below is only $25,565.00  Why would anyone settle for a still that takes 8hrs to do a run, that costs more, that cannot be used with grain in mash?  Also we can put enough copper packing in the column so that this still will give more copper vapor interaction than an all copper pot still with no copper packing.

P5080184.JPG.6a01b81ceed81d73c8fcce100e87c670.JPG

We just finished this 100 gallon operating capacity still with a 6"  three plate stainless bubble plate column this week.  This still has enough copper internals in the column to guarantee 100% copper vapor interaction.   The price for this still as it sits is only $3,319.50.  

P5070140.JPG

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2018 at 10:27 AM, Southernhighlander said:

We just finished this 100 gallon operating capacity still with a 6"  three plate stainless bubble plate column this week.  This still has enough copper internals in the column to guarantee 100% copper vapor interaction.   The price for this still as it sits is only $3,319.50.  

P5070140.JPG

Can you upload the pictures again? Picture links are broken.

11 minutes ago, Southernhighlander said:

Hi Trevor,

The pics were uploaded to ADI forums and the load fine on my end.  I checked on my other office computers and my lap top at home and they load fine on those as well.  I wonder if they are loading okay for everyone else?

Strange, they are working now.  Maybe it was a network thing.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:27 AM, Southernhighlander said:

P5070140.JPG

That is a very sharp looking still.