Contract Malt Whiskey Production

JustAndy

A client of ours is interested in having malt whiskey produced for them so they'll have some aged stock available if/when  they launch their own distillery. It would a custom mashbill, as they aim to explore some unique heritage and local malt (which they would source if needed). The client also has some transparency requirements as they have a carbon-offsetting and environmental accountability component to their business plan. The volume is still in flux, but it would be somewhere between 50-150 barrels depending on pricing/availability. They are based in Pacific Northwest but are open to other pitches. The timeline is soon, but not immediate 

If you've got some malt whiskey capacity, please message me and we can discuss the project further. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy. We might be interested, just need more clarification.

Please email me at :

bill@dogooddistillery.com

or call me at 

Bill Coffey

Production Manager

Do Good Distillery

(209) 743 6123

Often it is too loud to hear in the facility, so a quick text alerting me to your call, or an email works well.

Thank you,

Bill

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/2/2017 at 11:50 AM, JustAndy said:

A client of ours is interested in having malt whiskey produced for them so they'll have some aged stock available if/when  they launch their own distillery. It would a custom mashbill, as they aim to explore some unique heritage and local malt (which they would source if needed). The client also has some transparency requirements as they have a carbon-offsetting and environmental accountability component to their business plan. The volume is still in flux, but it would be somewhere between 50-150 barrels depending on pricing/availability. They are based in Pacific Northwest but are open to other pitches. The timeline is soon, but not immediate 

If you've got some malt whiskey capacity, please message me and we can discuss the project further. 

Hi Andy,

We have some 2018 production capacity left - about 75 barrels as of this date.  Your client would need to move fast to secure the remaining 2018 production before we sell it to our existing client base.  We just energized a 50kw solar array at our facility which will cut our carbon footprint almost to zero.  We currently make a malt mash bill for another client.  You would need to provide malt on a regular delivery schedule.  Please feel free to call me at 919-323-2777.  We are in North Carolina and use water (untreated) from the the Triassic basin aquifer, and are in an optimal aging environment.  We can warehouse the barrels here or do a TiB to their warehouser of choice.

Best,

Jonathan Blitz

Interesting. An environmentally friendly craft distiller who doesn't actually have a distillery so the whiskey can be produced by any distillery anywhere,  and they also use locally sourced heritage malt, but it  doesn't actually have to be that malt.

Yep, sound like a typical "Craft "Distiller". I can see it now, "Uncle Remus Pacific Gold Single Malt".  Made by faries and lepracauns on our custom designed stills that run on recycled marijuana puffs. 

Sweet. 

• Thumbs up 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...