Sewer Limitations due to IPC/Regulations

Trevor

I've been working on my distillery floor-plan and I just discovered a serious constraint due to local regulations.  Because I will be running a house and distillery accessory structure off a sewer lateral I will be limited to 10 "drainage fixture units".  So pretty much limited to one accessory structure for any real work other than storage.  I want to be able to have a distillery and tasting room. So, can I get away with one bathroom?  What is the minimum for the rest in terms of faucets and drains? Any clever thoughts or examples? Maybe collect all the gray water and just drain black water?

I would think a a minimum:

• (5dfu) Bathroom group consisting of water closet, lavatory, and shower, including or excluding a bidet, an emergency floor drain, or both. (1.6 gpf water closet)
  • (2 dfu) floor drain/floor sink
  • (2 dfu) double sink
  • (1 DFU)  two waterless urinals

A separate building is accessory to the main building on the same lot and the total drainage fixture units (dfus) in the accessory building will not exceed ten (10) dfus. The extension of sewer and/or water service will be permitted to only one accessory building per lot. The use of the building or business establishment to which sewer and/or water service is to be extended must meet all applicable codes, ordinances and other legal requirements.
A drainage fixture unit or DFU is a value assigned to a plumbing fixture that measures its probable discharge into the county sanitary sewer. For instance, a lavatory is 1 DFU and a water closet is 4 DFUs. 

Type of Fixture or Group of Fixtures 
Based on the 2006 International Plumbing Code
Fixture Units
Automatic clothes washer, commercial 3
Automatic clothes washer, residential 2
Bathroom group consisting of water closet, lavatory, bathtub or shower, including or excluding a bidet, an emergency floor drain, or both. (1.6 gpf water closet) 5
Bathroom group consisting of water closet, lavatory, bathtub or shower, including or excluding a bidet, an emergency floor drain, or both. (greater than 1.6 gpf water closet) 6
Bathtub (with or without overhead shower) 2
Bidet 1
Combination sink-and-tray 2
Dental unit or cuspidor 1
Dental lavatory 1
Drinking fountain 0.5
Dishwasher, domestic 2
Floor drains 2
Kitchen sink, domestic 2
Kitchen sink, domestic, with food waste grinder and/or dishwasher 2
Lavatory 1
Laundry tray (1 or 2 compartments) 2
Shower 2
Service sink 2
Sink 2
Urinal 4
Urinal, 1 gallon per flush or less 2
Urinal, waterless 0.5
Wash Sink (circular or multiple) each set of faucets 2
Water closet, flushometer tank, public or private 4
Water closet, private (1.6 gpf) 3
Water closet, private (flushing greater than 1.6 gpf) 4
Water closet, public (1.6 gpf) 4
Water closet, public (flushing greater than 1.6 gpf) 6
Fixture drain or trap size:  
      1¼" 1
      1½" 2
      2" 3
      2½" 4
      3" 5
      4" 6

On 9/22/2017 at 10:12 AM, Michaelangelo said:

In most jurisdictions you will need a minimum of 2 ADA Compliant restrooms. 

I'm starting to think I'll have to use most of my DFUs for the two ADA bathrooms and route the rest of the water to a greywater collection system.