ADI Forums
rtshfd

Barrel logo engraving

What methods does everyone perform to engrave the head of your barrels?

Is anyone using spray paint/marking paint of some kind? Has it had a negative effect on product in barrels?

I'm looking into this and weighing my options. Any feedback is appreciated.

Is the background done with a roller? I notice a couple marks outside the line, so I'm guessing not a spray can with a mask for that part, at least.

19 hours ago, Cunningham said:

@HedgeBird Those look incredible!

What kind of material is everyone having their stencils made from?

Thanks Cunningham - We are super happy with how these are working out.  Our stencils are just plastic sheet.

15 hours ago, RobertS said:

Is the background done with a roller? I notice a couple marks outside the line, so I'm guessing not a spray can with a mask for that part, at least.

The orange background color is just painted on with a brush (never was that good at coloring in the lines I guess).  We had a two part stencil made for the other colors, and they are just spray painted on.  It can be a bit tricky to get both parts of the stencil registered/matched up.  It helps to do the painting with the barrel on its end, rather than on its side.  I had our stencil made by a vendor on Etsy.

Makes sense. Thank you for the explanation, we've been considering stenciling the ends of our barrels on display and a background color hadn't occurred to me. Trying with a roller probably would have made more a mess.