Pour 'Em!

Cheers from Indiana! I am currently in the process of helping my brother expand his brewery. There has been quite the demand for spirits and I have a little background in the production side of things so we are going for it and are opening a distillery at the same site as the brewery. Mainly experimental for the first year or so, but then plan on selling cocktails and bottles to the public. I am currently in the middle of the application process and I hear this community has all the answers so that is why I am here. I look forward to participating and thank you to all who offer their wealth of knowledge regarding these delicious spirits!

Usually the biggest challenge is that the site requirements for a distillery are far more stringent than for a brewery. So, if you are looking at setting up at the site of the current brewery, you first need to determine that is can be made suitable for a distillery, including meeting TTB requirements and local code requirements. And it does not matter whether it is experimental or not, the requirements are the same.