Telemarketing scam

Roger

Just took a call from some Bevis that went something like," I retired from the marine corp after 20 years and started a large craft distillery, did great for several years, and then the craft industry went wild and crushed me, so I stepped back and built a relationship with 100's of distributors in the US over the past few years.......   sign with us and sell 1/2 skids and skids  at net 45, after you pay a one time $3500- fee to set up the program to distribute galactic wide......

Guy sounded like he was 20 years old, working in a call center.

I wasted 7 minutes of my life. Don't make the same mistake. 

Lol, there's another one claiming to be from <insert celebrity name here> TV show that wants to highlight craft distillers.  Total scam.  They want you to pay them $ to produce a segment for "the show."  My wife has a company that does this, so I know.  Content producers don't ask the subject of the segment to pay production costs, unless they are wanting to make something to shop around, maybe.  Besides, the production costs they mentioned were outrageous.  I'm betting we're not the only one to get this call.

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Lol, there's another one claiming to be from <insert celebrity name here> TV show that wants to highlight craft distillers.  Total scam.  They want you to pay them $ to produce a segment for "the show."  My wife has a company that does this, so I know.  Content producers don't ask the subject of the segment to pay production costs, unless they are wanting to make something to shop around, maybe.  Besides, the production costs they mentioned were outrageous.  I'm betting we're not the only one to get this call.

We got that same call!

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:08 AM, FaintingGoatSpirits said:

We got that same call!

We got this call too. I used to get these pay to play calls all the time when I worked in pharma. It's definitely a real deal, but it's not an earned media thing. Not worth it - even when you've got a multi-million dollar budget...

• 1 month later...

These farkers are still up to it.  Be warned, people!

David,

This is Chris Thompson, Senior Television Producer of Success Files hosted by Rob Lowe. We are currently producing a positive and educationally helpful documentary series surrounding "Craft Distilling in the South.”

Our program airs on CNBC, Discovery Channel and Public Television. I am in the process of interviewing organizations to appear on camera as a content expert.

Our research team thought your company might be a good fit for this particular topic. If you haven't already seen our programming, visit www.successfilesrl.com  to see a few samples of our short-form documentaries.

Please reply to this email with a convenient time to discuss the documentary, or you can call me directly at (561) 869-3977, EXT 344

Best Regards,

Chris Thompson

Senior Producer

www.successfilesrl.com

P. (561) 869-3977, EXT 344

• 2 years later...