TTB Application Consultants - worth the money $$ ??

jbdavenport1

Just getting ready to put together our TTB DSP application. I have read many of your horror stories on how long it takes to get the operating permit. I know there are several firms that assist folks like me on crafting and submitting the application.

Has anyone used a service like this? Is it worth the money? We're talking $2500 to $3000. But if they can save months of downtime while I'm still having to pay a lease....might be worth it.

How daunting is the whole application process?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

It's not all that bad if you know what you're doing and the information needed. I considered getting a Bev Law firm to assist with mine but in the end to save money I did it myself. From start to finish, I got my DSP in 4 days. There are little examples and hints along the way to help clarify what information they are asking for.

Wow, 4 days must be a new record, it took four months for mine, I documented and summarised my experience on the podcast I host, episode 11.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-distillery-nation-podcast/id1040367741?mt=2&i=1000367739232

In summary, I did it myself, and I broke it down to a few days, you can save and return to the application. This gave me time to ensure I had all the right information and a clear mind on the requirements. It's not hard, you just need to be well prepared.

Cheers,

-ilias