Motors for agitators and pumps

Georgeous

I know that a lot of equipment comes from china, hard to get around their prices. Question is, if you buy equipment made in china is there anything you need to have to get them installed in the USA? meaning  do they have to be UL certified? if that or CE or whatever else. Last thing I want is due break the bank on Chinese equipment and find out I cant even connect it when it gets here

Any advice or experiences will be well received

Cheers/

You need to discuss this with your Chief Building Inspector.  He is the AHJ (authority having jurisdiction).  If he says it's okay to install non-UL equipment that is his call or the call of someone that reports to him.  Many large pieces of equipment that are being used in factories in the US but are imported and not UL or CSA are installed and used every day.  Keep in mind, he does not have to say yes.

I had an electrician tell me that they can only hard wire things that are UL listed, but he can wire an outlet to plug a non-UL listed device into. I don’t know if this is true at a NEC level, or if it was his policy. Check with AHJ and your electrician, you want both of them to say yes.